Chapter 26: She Is Jung Eunha

"What the fuck? Why am I here?!" the Deviless raged, knitting her eyebrows together and glowering at her mother. 

"The Queen is here!" she heard a loud cheer, and looking around, she noticed that she was just standing before her throne, and that almost the entirety of Hell was present before her, right behind her mother. 

The Deviless grimaced; she would otherwise enjoy such a welcome, but she suddenly didn't want to be here. 

"Welcome back, Queen," Mommy Devil scowled at her, "I'm glad it didn't take you a year to kill a human." 

"What is this? I wanna go back," the Deviless complained, and the cheers died down. She saw the creatures of Hell look at her as if she had just transformed into an actual human right before them -- and that wasn't a good sign, obviously. 

Mommy Devil grabbed her arm and pulled her to the side, away from the public view, "What is wrong with you?!" 

"WHY DID YOU BRING ME BACK?" the Deviless yelled at her, yanking her arm off her grip. 

Her mother wasn't exactly pleased by that reaction, because she glared at her daughter, grumbling, "What did those humans do to you?" 

"They did nothing! I just wanna go back!" and have a chance to finally kiss Yang Jeongin. 

"They have clearly affected your courage. Look at you! Begging me to go back to those mere pests! Only a coward would ask for this," Mommy Devil spat in disgust. 

"Fuck you! Dare you say another word about them!" 

The mother crossed her arms over her chest, "Mhm? You're going to fight your mother because of those low-lives?" 

"They are not low-lives," the Deviless was fuming by now. 

"Yes, they are!" the mother snapped, "They are just the ones we feed on! They mean absolutely nothing to us! You cannot be such a weak coward to adapt to their lives and wish to return when you're at home!" 

"This is not my home, woman," the Deviless growled, "It's up there with them. And, by the way, you were the one who sent me there in the first place. If anything, it is all your fault." 

"My fault?" Mommy Devil gasped, "Did you just dare to say that to me?" 

"I also said 'fuck you' earlier, but it's probably your age," the Deviless spoke, indifferent. 

"I see. I see how it is," she resigned, stepping back, "It's that pest... Jeongin, right?" 

The Deviless' eyes opened wide, "How do you...?" 

"I know all that you were doing up there. I'm not a fool as you take me," she grimaced, "And you fell for a human? You even developed those appalling feelings? You've clearly been with them for too long, Queen." 

"IT IS JUNG EUNHA!" 

Her mother's eyes grew wide, "DO NOT NAME YOURSELF LIKE A HUMAN! YOU'RE BEING A DISGRACE TO YOUR KINGDOM!" 

"I DON'T FUCKING CARE!" the Deviless -- or Eunha, finally -- spat, charging away from her mother, "YOU ARE SENDING ME BACK... PLEASE!" 

"You have no reason to go back." 

"Mom-" 

"Because that boy is dying tomorrow." 

Eunha halted. What the actual fuck? 

She turned around to face her mother, "What did you... just say?" 

"Yang Jeongin has his death destined for tomorrow."

Eunha didn't say anything, processing the piece of information in her head.  

"You're just going to waste your time by going up there," her mother pursed her lips, "You can spend that time ruling your kingdom instead-" 

"Mother... please." 

Mommy Devil raised her brow, "Are you really-" 

"Please, let me save him," Eunha spoke. 

"I cannot let that happen." 

"Give him some life, mother! You can do that!" 

"Why should I?" 

"If..." Eunha sighed deeply, her mind troubled with the thoughts of something happening to Jeongin, "If you let me save him, I'll come back here. I won't try to go back to Earth. Just give him a few more years!" 

Her mother wickedly thought about it, "Well, alright. I'll give him about forty more years to live." 

"Thank-" 

"But only if you can save him." 

"-you... what?" 

Her mother sighed and then shook her head, explaining, "I'm sending the Grim Reaper along with you. He'll be there to cause that human's death. Fight him off, if you can. And don't you dare tell those humans about it; it defeats the entire purpose, Queen." 

And, for the second time, the Deviless -- or Jung Eunha, now -- was being sent to the Earth; this time, to save a life. 

(a/n: DOUBLE UPDATE!! humor resumes from the next chapter!! 

ykw? i had planned this chapter ever since I had written the very first one!! i couldn't wait to get this out hehehe :3 

did you like this? 

thanks for reading! i love you!)