Chapter 20: Strangling With Arteries

Eunha was not having a single bit of this shit. 

All day, Jeongin had been trying to evade her, sulking and pouty. She didn't understand what his problem was, how these strange human emotions actually worked. And she didn't have enough patience to do a Psychology course to understand it, so she simply just sat in silence in the Fine Arts class, watching Jeongin aggressively paint something on his canvas. 

She kept staring at him until his eyebrow irked, and when he finally spared her a look, her eyes actually softened. Jeongin really deserves a medal for unintentionally having that effect on her, because Devil knows how many times she had avoided situations wherein she was supposed to smile... or not glare altogether. 

It's just her patent look: eyebrows furrowed, eyes lit up with rage, and lips pursed. And just the way Ned said: "You can take the guy out of the chair, but not the chair out of the guy", similarly, you can take the Deviless away from the rage, not the rage out of the Deviless. 

Jeongin moved his attention back to his canvas, and a moment later, glanced at Eunha again, "What do you want?" 

"What do you want, human?" 

"Did I ever say that I wanted anything?" he rose a brow. 

That look suits him -- she found herself thinking, and then blinked; was this the effect of being with humans for too long? 

"No, but..." she breathed through her nose, "The fuck is up with your attitude?" 

"Uh, me?" Jeongin scoffed, "What did I even do?" 

Eunha looked around -- the class was next to empty, with the only exception for four students and a teacher. She raised her hands and released them down hastily, producing a red wave pass through the room. Suddenly, the entire scene paused, except for her and Jeongin. 

He looked anxious for a hot second before clearing his throat, "Why did you do that?" 

"Uh, me?" she scoffed, mocking his earlier response, "What did I even do?" 

Jeongin actually smiled, "You're so annoying." 

"Says you, pest!" she fumed, "Why the fuck have you been ignoring me all day?" 

"Oh? So me ignoring you actually disturbed you?" he smirked, wiping his hands on the towel beside his easel. 

Eunha shifted in her seat, looking away from him. As she sat beside the window, the sun's rays passed through the windows and created a dramatically gorgeous reflection on her, painting her face with light sunshine and a little rainbow across her features. Her dark eyes appeared lighter under the sunlight, and looking at her, he wondered how she wasn't a human. 

But he liked her the way she was. 

Jeongin left his easel and walked over to her, hovering over her small form sitting on a chair, and spoke, "Look at me, Your Highness." 

She pursed her lips, "Don't order me around. Only I can do that." 

"Then I'll just go back to ignoring you-" 

"Shut up," she immediately snapped her eyes back up at him, and he chuckled; she was such a kid. 

"Good. Now," he folded his arms against his chest, "How did those three get to know about everything?" 

Eunha stared at him, bored, "It's not an interesting tale to tell, Yang Jeongin." 

"But I'm interested, Jung Eunha." 

She sighed, swinging back on her chair and summarizing, "There was a roach, I tried to kill it, those three somehow broke in with the warden whom they called MILF, I accidentally turned her into a rat before them, they screamed. End of story." 

Jeongin burst out laughing, "You turned the warden into a rat? This couldn't get funnier!" 

"Yeah, I know. And why were you ignoring me? Just because I was talking to those three chickens?" 

"You were actually laughing. I'd never seen you laughing before! And I wasn't the one who made you laugh!" he complained, and she cracked a smile, "You were... what's it called... jealous?" 

"N-No..." he averted his eyes. 

That made her laugh a little -- just a loud chuckle -- and his eyes were drawn back to her, "DID YOU JUST LAUGH? BECAUSE OF ME?" 

"Huh? I- no!" she was embarrassed. 

Meanwhile, Jeongin celebrated, "YEAH! SCORE!" 

Eunha sighed, "Shut up and give me your hand." 

"My hand? In marriage?" 

"I'll strangle you with your arteries." 

"Sexy. Anyway," he sat down beside her, lending forward a hand to her. She timidly grabbed his warm ones with her cold ones, and relaxed when she felt the warmth on her palms, between her fingers. Her shoulders came to rest when he didn't comment on that act, and she sat there, holding his single hand with both of hers, until he kept his other hand over hers, making her flinch but eventually melt into his hold. 

He smiled, "You like it?" 

"Shut up." 

(a/n: HIIIIII OMG I'M ALIVE SURPRISE SURPRISE!!! 

YES THE CHAPTER NAME IS SUPER GOREY YES YES I KNOW 

I know this wasn't a funny chapter, but cute stuff yk 

did you like thissss? 

thanks for reading! i love you!)