Chapter 28: The Furry-fication Of Hyunsung

"I swear I heard someone bark," Changbin spoke, walking in the roofless hallway with the group, Eunha and Minho walking in the back, "Like, I know that I wasn't drunk at the party. I heard barking inside the club." 

Chan sighed in a sleep-deprived manner (which he was), "Changbin, it was Jisung and Hyunjin. I don't know how, but the two had engaged in a competition to see who barked better."

"I have no idea how this will help them in personality-building skills, but hey, we don't need an actual dog to secure our houses anymore!" Minho shot from the back. 

"The furry-fication of Hyunsung," Jeongin remarked, shaking hands with Seungmin as he approved of the title. 

Eunha, on the other hand, was concentrated on the Grim Reaper, who was whistling while walking, swinging his scythe along. What the heck was he so jolly about?

"Eunha?" Minho waved a hand in front of her face, and she stopped walking, grumbling, "What is it?" 

"You seem too lost ever since the party. Tell me, what happened?" he asked, stopping beside her. The group walked forward as the two stood behind, with her hesitating to tell him about the pact she had made with her mother. 

Should she tell him? What harm could it possibly do, right? 

...Other than the fact that Mommy Devil had literally told her not to tell anyone about it, since it would 'defeat the purpose'. 

Screw that, we're badass and we know it. 

So as soon as she opened her mouth to say something, she noticed something odd; her Eunha senses were tingling. At this point, Peter Parker was nonexistent. 

The Grim Reaper was nowhere to be seen. 

"What the... where is he?!" she mumbled, turning around and looking rapidly at her surroundings. 

"If you're talking about your boyfriend, then he's walking with the boys at the front," Minho was confused -- he genuinely doubted whether she consumed drugs or not. I mean, caffeine isn't enough for most people (thankfully enough for the author, though. Say no to drugs, kids). 

Eunha looked at Jeongin walking at the front, and she looked around him; everything was fine, the skeletal dude had probably gone to have a pina colada- 

And then, she saw him. 

Standing on the roof at the side, positioned right above Jeongin. 

Pushing a desk off the roof. 

"FUCK!" Eunha cursed, running past Minho and passing through the crowd of the rest of the boys. The hallway was mostly empty, with no cover over their heads. The roof was at their side, and currently, that deadly bag of bones was on the verge of pushing the desk off the edge. 

And he pushed it off. 

"JEONGIN!" she cried, pulling him back with her at the last second, and as the two of them fell back, the desk crashed against the ground with a loud boom, shattering into countless wooden pieces. 

Eunha was breathing hard -- her chest literally rising up and down -- and Jeongin's eyes were wide with fear, "What the...!" 

The boys had stopped walking, all of them gaping at the scene before them. 

"Where did that come from?!" Chan shrieked in concern, crouching next to the fallen couple. All the boys surrounded them, asking them if they were okay. Eunha stared up at the roof, where the bony asshole stood. And -- get this -- the dude was showing her a thumbs up. 

She had saved Jeongin, right? Was he truly out of danger, now? 

But the thumbs-up said something entirely different. 

Jeongin still wasn't safe, was he? And the Grim Reaper was overjoyed with that fact. 

All she knew was that she was going to shield him with her own existence. 

(a/n: hyunsung furries. 

IT'S 6:12 AM ON THE SAME DAY AS I WROTE THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER. I KNEW I SHOULDN'T HAVE ADDED THREE SPOONS OF COFFEE IN HALF A CUP OF MILK. OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE. 

Probably gonna go write another chapter ig lmao what even is college anymore 

[Edit: posting this at 8:30 pm now lmao forgot to add this]

DID YOU LIKE THISSSSSSS? 

thanks for reading! i love youuu!)