Chapter 22: Consequences Of Having A Brain

Changbin's scream irritated Eunha's ears, and she snapped, "Would you stop?" 

Chan stood up, knocking off the chair behind him, and in fear, he tried his best to sound tough, "E-Eunha, are you a sorcerer?" 

Jeongin sighed, "Not this shit again." 

Minho, who had no idea how to digest the shock, was in his denial phase as he laughed, "You know, once Soonie, Doongie, and Dori accidentally tried to summon the Devil by meowing in different pitches and sitting in a circle." 

"My dad was an asshole, but he wasn't idle to be summoned so easily. He had better things to do... like torturing spirits and giving death sentences to my favorite goblins," Eunha sadly explained, "Such a jerk." 

Jisung wanted to crack a joke but he didn't want to face her wrath, so he spoke in a monotonous tone, "Eunha has both, mommy and daddy issues." 

"Bro, why are you sounding like a robot?" Felix questioned. 

Seungmin just stood still, "So... whatever you told Jeongin that day was...?" 

"True." 

"And why didn't I believe...?" 

"Because having a brain sometimes has consequences," Hyunjin commented, and then gasped, "That's deep as heck!" 

"My bro finally used his one-third brain cell," Jisung clapped, proud of the drama llama, "The other two divisions are shared by me and Lixie."

"TMI, bro," Changbin spat, and then turned to Eunha, "HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN THIS?"

Chan stared at him, "I thought you were smart."

"I'm scared! I'm gonna shit in my pants!"

"DON'T GIVE ME YOUR TMI!" Seungmin winced in disgust.

"Bro, bro, bro," Felix squealed, "We know about this! Hah, take that!"

"What kind of revenge is this, Felix?" Chan questioned.

"It's from that one time when you challenged me to lick a swing set!"

"I didn't challenge you, Felix. I asked you not to lick it, and you said, 'don't tell me what to do' and then you licked it."

"He licked WHAT?" Eunha was astonished.

"He's not that kinky otherwise-" Jeongin began, but Felix cried out, "HOW IS LICKING A SWING SET A KINK?"

For Minho, the shock was just settling in... and when it got processed in his brain, he exclaimed with wide eyes, "YOU'RE THE DEVILESS!"

"Thank you for the validation. Didn't really need it," she smirked in satisfaction.

"Why haven't you killed us yet?"

"Because I'm generous... And also because you guys are... uh..." she pursed her lips, not wanting to say what she truly felt. It was just embarrassing. 

"What are we?" Jeongin asked, and Felix shrugged and said, "A couple." 

"I didn't mean- Felix, what- Ugh!" Jeongin groaned, and Eunha inhaled and exhaled heavily, only to finally let out, 

"Because you guys are my friends, and I care about you." 

Silence prevailed for about solid seven seconds. Then, Hyunjin screeched, "YOU ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT US!" 

"SHUT UP!" Eunha was flustered. 

"YOU AREN'T GOING TO KILL US!" Jisung exclaimed. 

"NO!" she cried. 

"YOU ARE MELTING FOR US!" Felix joined in, exhilarated. 

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Embarrassed, she clicked her fingers, and suddenly, the cafeteria was filled with students again. The group of eight watched as she picked up her stuff and began strutting out of the cafeteria. 

Jeongin watched as Hyunsunglix were beyond happy, Seungmin was disappointed in his trust issues, Chan and Changbin were looking at each other in shock, and Minho was muttering something about his cats hating the Devil. He looked at Eunha walking off, and jogging after her, he yelled, "Wait, Eunha!" 

She stopped walking, not completely understanding why she did. However, her face was still red, and she wasn't ready for what Jeongin had to say. He approached her, and out of breath, he gushed, "Was that true? Are you finally caring about us all?" 

"Don't get ahead of yourself, Yang Jeongin." 

He bowed like a butler, "As you say, Your Highness." 

Her timid frown cracked into a grin at his silly behavior, and she muttered, "I... I care." 

"Huh?" he didn't hear it properly. 

"Nothing." 

(a/n: oooooh is someone catching feelings hmmmm TEA 

DID YOU LIKE THISSSS? NEXT UPDATE QUICKER, FOR SURE!! 

thanks for reading! i love you!)