Chapter 24: How Is He Not Dramatic?

Jeongin was walking over to his fine arts class that he shared with Eunha, and she was speed-walking beside him. 

"Hey, go slow!" he complained, trying to catch up to her with quick, brisk steps. 

"That's what she said!" Felix cried from the end of the hallway. 

"Who did?" Eunha asked, and Felix facepalmed and walked off. 

Jeongin jogged up to her and caught up, and huffed, "Your Highness, you really need to slow down sometimes."

"Uh huh?" she irked an eyebrow, "What if I don't?"

Jeongin smiled innocently, and then took a full 180 degree turn and grabbed her wrist and dragged her to the side, pinning her on the wall easily due to the height difference. There was barely anyone in the hallway, so it wasn't as embarrassing... except it was for her, since she was the Deviless, after all.

"Huh- what the-" she was flabbergasted, to say the least, "Release me!"

"Then you gotta slow down for me, you know?" he smugly spoke, and her face heated unbelievably quick. There were fucking butterflies in her stomach, and even though she was experiencing that feeling for the first time, she felt powerless and submissive before him.

She didn't answer him, and he chuckled, "You're so red!"

"Shut up," she said, but her thoughts ran rampant: hot- did I just think that?!

"Will you slow down for me, Eunha?" Jeongin asked, secretly enjoying the show; she was blushing so hard that it was impossible not to see it. Her eyes couldn't meet him either.

"Yeah..." she mumbled, and he left her wrists, making her glower at him.

"What?"

She huffed, beginning to walk towards the classroom — walking slower this time.

And Jeongin knew that he had that effect on her.

---

The boys were seated in the cafeteria around their favourite, usual table, and Hyunjin started, "Guys, I have an important question."

"Go on, Hyun," Chan urged him.

"Should I host, like, a party or something? Since there's no Jackson here, I think I'm supposed to do the job," he solemnly spoke.

"A PARTY?!" Jisung exclaimed, and the other students heard him as well.

"PARTY! PARTY! PARTY!" the entire cafeteria cried out, and Jisung guiltily looked at Hyunjin, having spread the word unintentionally.

Hyunjin sighed in disappointment, somehow not being dramatic about it (is he okay?).

"Are you okay?" Seungmin asked, "How are you not dramatic? You're weirdly calm about this."

"CAN I NOT BE DRAMATIC FOR ONCE? OH, GOD, MY GOD, WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS TREATMENT?"

"He's back," Changbin remarked.

That's when Jeongin and Eunha walked into the cafeteria, and looking around at the chaos accidentally created by Jisung, the two looked at each other and shrugged.

"What's going on?" she questioned at the table, and Minho tiredly replied, "You're all invited to Hyunjin's party."

Eunha looked interested for once, "A party? Who are we sacrificing?"

"..." everyone fell silent on the table.

"I keep forgetting that she's not a human," Hyunjin blinked.

"Eunha, in our kind of parties, we get drunk and dance and enjoy ourselves. We don't... uh, sacrifice someone," Felix explained kindly, and she nodded, muttering, "Boring."

"Eunha, you should come! We'll show you how it's done!" Jisung hopped over to her and tried to sling an arm across her shoulders, but one look from her and he retreated his arm and nervously laughed, "So, you're coming?"

"I guess."

(a/n: plot twists coming up ahahaha ;))

did you like thissss? It's 5 am rn hehe I got the inspiration!!!

thanks for reading! I love you!)