Chapter 18: Bonding With Chickens

"So, Eunha," Felix questioned, with Hyunjin and Jisung sitting behind him, too scared to sit next to our Deviless, "Since how long have you been practicing black magic?" 

Eunha glanced at him, and Hyunjin and Jisung squealed in alarm, clutching each other as tightly as they could. She then looked at the other students, who were busy gossiping away; she had a class with these three people who had witnessed her turning the warden into a rat. Then, she looked at a brightly smiling Felix, and she sighed. 

"I don't do black magic. I was born with it," she spoke, and Hyunsung attentively listened. 

"Wow, what did your mom eat to make you have these powers?" Felix spoke with wide eyes. 

"What do you mean?" Eunha asked. 

"Yeah, bro, what are you even talking about?" Jisung intervened, "That doesn't really happen, does it?" 

"Yeah, exa-" Eunha couldn't complete when Hyunjin interrupted, "Like did Elsa's mother eat snow or something to give her the powers?" 

"Who is Elsa?" she questioned. 

The three turned to look at her, and Jisung spoke, "I keep forgetting that she's not from here." 

Eunha sighed, "Yeah, whatever." 

"So when you perform this black magic," Felix obliviously continued, "Do you give your victim a chance to repent?" 

"Like how?" she raised a brow. 

"I mean... do you give them a chance to run?" 

"If I'm feeling generous," she relaxed back onto her chair, adding, "Not like I have killed or tortured anyone before." 

"Damn," Hyunjin breathed out, "Why are you the, you know, Deviless, if you haven't killed anyone before?" 

"I don't want to re-narrate my life's story all over again!" she groaned, "Summary: I'm very old, my dad died, I was his daughter, hierarchy exists, I was made the Queen. No communism, no racism." 

The three blinked at her, and Jisung whispered to Hyunjin, "Bro, what's communism?" 

A good ol' facepalm to that. 

Hyunjin creased his brows, "Haven't you studied history? It's what Hitler did!" 

I think I saw Hitler facepalm from his grave. 

Felix sighed, "Guys, Nazism. It was Nazism." 

Eunha then remembered, "Oh, Adolf Hitler?!" 

"You know him?" 

"Yeah," she deviously smiled, "My dad was there when he died and his soul descended to the Hell. My dad had his soul fried in almond oil -- one of the vampires had stolen that awful oil from here and we used it to fry him." 

"...At least she gives her victims a chance to run," Jisung had nothing else to say. Felix was speechless, and Hyunjin was getting traumatic flashes from the time when his mother had applied almond oil in his hair for the smoothness. 

"Yeah? So?" Eunha blankly spoke, "You wanna run now? Because you might just be my first victim I torture." 

"Nah, please!" Hyunjin flipped his hair, "I am already prepared for the time I am on the verge of getting killed." 

"Have you prepared your own gravestone or something?" Felix gulped. 

"Nope," Hyunjin continued, "For example, if I'm about to get stabbed, I will bring out my inner poet and the power of rhyme." 

"You will... rhyme?" Eunha's mind was blown. 

"Yeah! Like 'I'm too swagger for this dagger!'" 

Everyone stared at him, and the Deviless blinked and questioned, "What if I am about to kill you with..." she sighed, "black magic?" 

"Uh..." Hyunjin thought for three seconds, and then spewed, "My life is too tragic for black magic." 

"And then the killer won't kill you?" Felix was agape.

"While the killer will be busy admiring his rhyming skills, he will take that chance to run away while making chicken sounds," Jisung stated like that was the most obvious thing in the world. 

"So your last words would be... pakaek?" Felix thought aloud. 

Hyunjin and Jisung sat confounded, "...Shit, we didn't think of that." 

"Why am I bonding with people who will make chicken sounds before getting killed?" Eunha winced at the idiocy of the entire situation. 

"Wait, you're bonding with us...?" Felix's eyes lit up.

Eunha, who had realized what cheesy shit she had just let slip, panicked (the only time she did), "N-No, I didn't mean-" 

"SHE LIKES US!" Hyunjin yelled in joy, grabbing the attention of all their other classmates. They looked at the four, and some goddamn idiot laughed, "Hahahaha, is this an orgy?" 

The Deviless snapped her head to glare at him, and the next thing they knew, that boy fell out of his seat and crouched down in pain, "Ahh! My crotch hurts! Ah, it feels like someone hit me with a hammer!" 

Hyunsunglix looked at Eunha, who was glowering at the boy, perhaps still controlling the amount of pain he was suffering, and Jisung cried in a whisper, "Stop, please! He needs to woo girls with his weewoo!" 

Eunha sighed, closing her eyes, and the perverted-boy-with-pain-in-the-crotch stopped and collapsed on the ground. Two seconds later, he stood up in pain, and then shamelessly announced, "I-I'm just gonna ch-check if my tralala is still intact." 

"EWW! WE DIDN'T NEED TO HEAR THAT!" the entire class groaned, and the three boys with Eunha conspicuously laughed. 

"You're so cool!" Hyunjin spoke, finally not scared of her, and so was Jisung. 

Bonding: successful. Bet Jeongin won't be jealous... yeah. 

(a/n: lmao my day started with a roach crawling up my arm like good morning to me ig 

how was this chapterrrr? did you like it? 

thanks for reading! i love you!)