The Things I should Have Said

Never got to say goodbye. We never got to say what we wanted to say. So many times I want to say what was in my heart. Thinking I had all the time in the world. Taking time for granted and not knowing time was not on my side. Now I sit with so many things left unsaid.

Now that you're gone, I sit alone, wondering if anything I said would matter. Was it just in my head was my heart feeling things that you never felt yourself? Did we feel the same that we could have held on? Was this one sided, and I was played as you found your way?

Does she love you the way you need her? Is she playing the game just as you need me to have you for all time? Is it the quiet one that smiles at every word you say? How about the one with the sharp tongue that gives you sass from time to time? Is it the kind one with the heart of gold that has your back no matter what life throws at you? Maybe it's a little of all of these that make her the best of all.

See, I know it is because I am that woman that stands by the one I love. No matter how hard it gets, I stand by my man. Show him he has a queen in his corner, one that goes to battle hand in hand, heart to heart. The world might just hate what we got.

Should have said all the things I want to say. Not let the hours pass us. Now you're gone and nowhere to be seen. Life is something you never know what is in store. Hold on to your heart. This is a wild ride. Full ups and downs, pointing the finger of who you think is wrong. In. In the end, it's no one's fault that all the stars went dark.

There was a love that was so bright it out shin the sun and moon. Dancing in the rain was a magical place. The smile on your face was very thing. Late night chats of hopes and dreams, knowing that each word was our song. Colors were bright through our eyes when you see the little note we have given. Love is a beautiful thing when it's with the right person.

What if I said all the things I should have? They say you hurt me with your flirtatious ways, how you talk about your ex, how awful they were. Putting them all together in a room as I felt I was not like them and thought we both agreed on that. The unspoken word you I wrote about the one that had your back but did not end how you would have wanted. Where is that story to be told, for I thought we both felt the same way?

One thing that should have been said is I cherish the memories of us. No one seen, the private time that was yours and mine. I wanted to see it shine through for the word to see. But I was not for that, just a secret that was kept in the dark for no one to see. The one that was good of a moment, not a lifetime.

Life is tough with obstacles. We have to learn to make it to the finish line. Who is the one that we make it with is not always what we have planned or see coming. It's the time in the rough that outshines them all the strongest one to endure the pain that hurt with love and passion to Burn.

So remember that when all was said or not said at all. There was a spark of an adventure that took place. There were butterflies and blushing cheeks. Even if I was not the one you wanted the word to see, I hope you find her where ever she, maybe. I won't lock my heart away, for I want to feel the word shine on my love with the one I hold.