chapter 27

Aboard a phantom

Hundreds of phantoms were flying down towards Geonosis while their capital ships were still glassing parts of the planet. Some of the separatist forces on the ground had used their heavy weapons to target the transports and the capital ships.

The capital ships had ignored these attacks since their shields protected them, but the phantoms on the other hand had to dodge these attacks the best they could. Those that got hit were still able to fly, but major damage was done to the hull and any further damage would finish the ship for good.

On one of these ships a squad of grunts and elites were waiting for the ship to arrive towards the battlefield. The Sanghelios were focused and they looked very intimidating while the grunts were...well being grunts.

One of them was poking another's armor irritating him as he turned and smack him in the face with his plasma pistol. It looked like the grunt who got slapped was going to retaliate but stopped himself when one of the elites who outranked all of them started speaking to them all.

"While our air attacks drive these so called separatist out from hiding and running right into us. We will clear and hold the indicated zone. We have significant military strength to handle this failure of an army they had created." The elite commander says as he looks at them.

"Cowardice will not be tolerated once we make it on the battlefield. If I see this I will kill you myself." He says as the ship violently shakes while some of the grunts shakes in fear but refuses to say anything in front of their commander in fear of being heard.

"Once we secure the area I will deal with the leader operating the area. And remember. The humans want him alive, so try and watch who you kill." He says as the doors finally open and the land of Geonosis is seen as multiple phantoms fly alongside them.

On the ground they pass by hundreds of droid positions and there was also some battles already going on as many of their tanks can be seen being deployed. Once some of them landed they had started firing their plasma cannons as a ball of plasma was shot at the droids who were slowly advancing.

The wraith tanks were having a field day against the separatist droids since their only tactic was to walk in a straight path which was meet with explosions from their cannons. If they was to fly any lower they could be hit by the dozen of plasma that was launched in the air.

After a few more moments they hover over their destination and all start to jump out before firing at the geonosisans that were defending their positions. A few of them had started to fly towards them firing their sonic blasters at them, but most of them was immediately shot down before they could even shoot. One of them falls near a grunt dead who looks down at it in disgust as it was in a bloody mess.

"I thought the humans were disgusting, but this is just downright nasty......no no humans are still more disgusting." He says poking the creature before running off again.

In the front lines, elites were taking out the separatist at a fast paced while taking hits from blaster fire shrugging most of them off because of the shields that was protecting them. Those that had come close to them had a energy sword stabbed right through them. There was even some hunters who were giving their enemies a hard time and their tough armor had made them a walking tank.

Just as the battle for them was beginning one of their cruisers flew above them as a few scarabs was sent down. After sending down the scarabs the ship moved a few miles away from them as a low hum of it's plasma laser was heard from afar.

Moments later it fired shaking the entire ground while dust and sand started to fly everywhere blocking their view. The only they that could be seen for those few minutes was the repeated fire of blasters and plasmas being shot at each other.