Chapter Four: Being Visible

Queen Renée's POV
I always thought royals have servants to dress them.

His Royal Highness Prince Rehan, Duke of Carperia has people to dress him. Among his enlisted servants is dear mom and I lack good taste in clothing. If not for Takara who is always giving me a look, I would add to the scandals if the House of Kaelan. The headline would be like: She wore boots with an evening gown. Okay, maybe I'm not that bad off but still, what is the fuss about clothes? If it fits and it's comfortable, why not?

Anyway, His Majesty King Relian is hopping around with a sock in one hand. He doesn't get dressed either but he is effortless in the clothing department. If it's casual, he slays. If it's formal, well... the ladies fan themselves. His sense of style i definitely from Takara.

Then there's me.

The prince is doing so much better than I am.

I stared at him for w long moment. I can tell I'm making him feel awkward but I don't think I'm really staring at the prince. I'm just distracted. It's one of those times you just need to look at something so that the mind can wander.

"My love, are you okay?" Reli touched my shoulder startling me from the momentary drift. I cupped one side of my face. "What is it? You look tragic and somewhat lost."

"I'm so tired Reli."

I don't like complaining or asking Reli to bail me out if difficult situations but I have to. Just today, superwoman needs superman to be her hero.

He sat beside Rehan while pulling on his other sock. "What's wrong?"

I sat on the other side. The attention hoarder immediately sat up too and climbed on my lap.

"The punishment at the base is too much. Then I come home and I have to deal with Diana Crose and then there's Rehan. I'm tired."

He's already patting my exhausted breasts.

He sighed softly. "Tell me what I can do to make your day easier."

"I'm thinking three things. One, get rid of Diana Crose. Two, get me out of punishment at the base. Three, let's give Rehan up for adoption. Courtney and Chris would love to have him."

He wanted to drape his arm over my shoulder but Rehan pushed his hand away. Reli narrowed his eyes at him. The second time, he didn't dare touch his father. I felt the softness of his lips on my cheek. I can't help but feel loved around this man. "I can get rid of Diana Crose."

"Really?"

"Yes but it comes with consequences. QM will never let me live it down and I'm already on thin ice with her. But if you want her gone, pleasing you comes above everlasting tongue lashing. But note that it has to be reasonable demands always. Number two, I can make the punishment go away with one phone call. However, what kind of reputation does that give you? Number three, absolutely not. We are not giving up our only child for adoption. Chris and Court can visit. But Rehan is not leaving the palace. No."

"All your solutions have consequences."

"Every decision we make in our lives has consequences my love. Haven't you noticed?" He stole a gentle kiss from my lips. Rehan grabbed his tie and yanked it firmly. Reli snatched it back.

"What is your problem? She's my wife."

"Mama." He responded.

He only knows how to say what typical babies say. "Dada" and "mama". Nothing special there. Though a few days ago he dropped a "no" for no apparent reason. He just said "no". Teli says that word a lot when they are together.