Chapter Seventeen: Queen Regent

Queen Renée's POV
My second coronation.

The first time, Reli was there. He was by my side. I'm alone. I can't help but worry that I'll be looking to my side and he won't be there.

It's 11:44pm. I dint know if Penni has a superpower to see the future or she is just that efficient but she has gathered all the Dukes and Duchesses and other nobility as well top military officers into the throne room.

I signed audibly. Charle stood in front of me. She's much shorter but the short ones are the tough ones. "You're strong. You go in there with your head held high and represent your man. He would want you to be strong. Don't shed a tear. Look them in the eyes and let them see a grave future. Not a doomed one because the crown rests on a weak soul. Go."

She gave me firm spank. Laila's laughter lightened the mood.

QM bowed slightly. "I have nothing but great expectations for you."

Takara curtsied. "You were made for this. Reli will rest easy once you're in place."

I sighed once more. Once the doors open, there's no turning back. Before midnight I just be the ruling power in CN. I'm 24 and I'm preparing to rule a kingdom. What the hell?

I nodded and the two guards opened the grand doors of the throne room. The invited guest are on either side. My ladies in waiting fixed the dress I'm wearing paying attention to the slight train behind me. I took in a deep breath and stepped forward. I can hear Diana Crose telling me to walk straight and keep my head held high.

When I reached the steps leading up to the king's throne, I paused. I remember Reli sitting there with Rehan on his lap. It's his chair. I can almost see him there.

"Queen Renée Kaelan, are you prepared to take your oath?" Beatrice asked me.

"I am ready and willing to take my oath." I answered.

"Do you solemnly swear and promise to govern the subjects of Chea Niva and the Chrystal Isles according to the set laws and regulations?"

"I solemnly promise."

"Do you promise to exercise justice and mercy in your reign as Queen Regent of Chea Niva and the Chrystal Isles?"

"I solemnly promise."

"Do you promise to maintain and preserve the cultures and traditions of Chea Niva and the Chrystal Isles, respecting all traditions and upholding them as of value to each subject present here and those absent from this ceremony?"

"I solemnly promise."

"Do you promise to lead the Chea Nivan Armed Forces with nothing but valour and to protect our boundaries from external enemies and internal enemies within?"

Lead the forces? As in SC? I paused. I looked at QM. She nodded.

"I solemnly promise." I answered firmly.

"Please kneel."

Beatrice presented the same crown that I was coronated with. Since I'm stepping in, I retain my crown. Only Rehan will wear his father's crown. I bowed my head.

She set the crown on my head. I rose to my feet after as a velvet red cape was presented to cover me. I can smell Reli's scent on it. My eyes teared up but I looked up blinking repeatedly to fight them.

Beatrice next presented the gold orb adorned in emeralds and Reli's scepter too. I held the heavy gold scepter in my left hand and the orb in my right.

QM gestured me to move my arms forward. I recall Reli did that too. I did so with an outward confidence although my heart is pounding hard. I extended my arms to raise the gold orb and the scepter.