Chapter Ten: Underground Romance? Part 2

Admiral Cormac's POV
My life used to be simple. The navy was the only thing on my to do list. Back when I was living in Daa Haan, I had a house close to the beach. It wasn't impressive but it was comfortable and close to the base. I was barely at home because I was immersed in work and when I was home, it was to sleep and somewhat distance myself from work. Back then, Arden and I were neck to neck trying to impress King Cathan. Now I'm the only Admiral. The young king is restructuring and I'm yet to know if I'll be the only Admiral or I'll have a change in career.

I would like to keep my job. But can I have it and have her?

"I hate it when people keep me waiting. I'm not patient. You know that, right?"

I smiled to myself. "I know you're not. Where are you?"

"In Carperia. Where are you?"

"It's classified."

"Of course it is."

She's probably rolling her beautiful eyes.

The first time I met Takara, I noted her beauty and grace. But I didn't think much of it because she was the king's wife. There's a time Cathan brought her along when he was inspecting the navy. A sailor's uniform has never looked more classy. She looks angelic in white. I paid a little more attention to her but I reminded myself she was the king's wife. After Cathan's death, when I saw her at the funeral, I wanted to comfort her. I was not thinking it then but it did cross my mind that perhaps it was my chance.

"What can I do for you?"

"I missed Reli. I didn't get a chance to tell him."

"Takara, I thought when we talked about this, we agreed I'll be the one to tell him. He needs to hear it from me."

"I just wanted to help."

"It's okay but let him hear it from me."

From where I am I can see a convoy of vehicles heading towards the docks.

"Are we still on for Paris?" She asked me.

"Uh..." I narrowed my eyes to see someone like Stephen coming out of one of the middle vehicles. "Yes. Definitely Paris."

If her son will even allow me to look at her.

"You sound distracted. Did I catch you at a bad time?"

"No no my love. It's okay. Reli is here. I'll let you know how it goes. Bye." I hanged up just in time for him to spot me. As the young king approached me, my heart beat rose steadily.

"You're ghosting me." He narrowed his dark eyes at me. I know the look. He's displeased.

"SC, I wasn't expecting you."

"How many times has Penni reached out to you?"

Penni is quite efficient. But the problem with her is how fussy she is about details. She won't stop pushing until she gets details. How could I possibly tell her over the phone that I'm dating the king's mother? If anything that information is none of her business. Because I cannot tell the petite bat from hell that it's none if her business, I did what Bowie does best. If ore the phone calls.

"Several."

"And you have been purposely snubbing me. What's wrong Admiral Cormac?" He questioned him.

There are sailors around us noting the king's hostile front. It's none of their business. "Let's speak privately."

I ushered him to my private space.

"Well?" He closed the door. "Did Nilsa get to you?"

"It's not that! It's not Nilsa." He already lost two to Nilsa. Arden is still in Cray Thera serving his sentence after Reli pardoned him from an execution. He has a few weeks left to his sentence. General Cora was also pardoned for surrendering but her sentence is much longer. I can only imagine how worried he is to lose another to Nilsa. From the original batch, it's only Bowie, Taof and I. Hanniel is also serving a life sentence for treason. He was pardoned on account of the assistance he rendered during the war against Nilsa.