Chapter Fifteen: 54

King Relian's POV
"You are the creator of Dukes? Right?"

The young man beside me looked back at his General. I looked at Bowie too. "That is a strange question but uh... sort of."

"Roe was an appointed Duke, not like a real blood Duke, right?"

"Aha." For a strange reason all of Ebrium Dukes are appointed and they always do something stupid. "Antonia is appointed too. I'll need to appoint one for Daa Haan after I get it back. The only blood Dukes are Rowan, Adan and Rehan."

"Even that little boy is a Duke." He made an annoyed sound.

My eyes briefly met the young boy's. "Hey, walk ahead. Give us some room."

"Yes SC." He quickened his pace as I slowed down allowing Bowie to catch up.

I went south of Carperia as I told Renée, but I also moved west to Lokefar near the Daa Haan boarder. It's beautiful. It's mountainous, green and full of nature. I love it. When Rehan gets older I'll take him camping. He can't be spoilt all the time. He has to learn some skills.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Me? I'm peachy!" He exclaimed.

"Pissed?"

"I hate Dukes."

"You hate my son?"

"Not yet."

I used my riffle to guide myself to sit down. Some of us took a fall back at a slippery slope. I think I hurt my knee. Bowie kept standing naturally on the look out. "Start from beginning. What's wrong?"

"Can you fire Laurier?" He got to the point.

"Why? He works hard. Ebrium is in a good place."

"He's fishing my girl!"

"Dana."

"Duh!"

Boy does he have attitude today! First Cormac and my mother and now Bowie and Dana? I hope he's not quitting too!

"Secure your place, be confident and if her loves is true, she won't leave you." I got up. "Let's proceed."

We are approaching where the deaths happened. We still don't know what that red smoke was or where it came from. Postmortem shows the actual causes of death was beheading. They were too incapacitated to move but then by what? Their bodies were clean of any chemicals at the time of postmortem. What could have cause paralysis? If it's the red smoke, it's undetectable. I hate undetectable things because they are lethal. I'm terrified to think I'm dealing with one of Nilsa's concortions.

"She asked me to do better in bed. No one has ever asked me to do better in bed. I'm great in bed!"

"Bowie, you've never had a girlfriend. What you have are one night stands and once you're done with them, they move on. That doesn't give you feedback. If she says you need to up your game, up your game or someone else will give it to her right." I gave him a blunt answer. He raised his eyebrow at me.

His radio made a sound. He raised his fist in the air and everyone stopped. "Finally! Some reception. Go for Bowie!"

There's a lot if static. It's almost like when the soldiers in the temporary base were trying to call for help but there was too much static and they all passed out.

"I'll go higher. Don't move." He warned me. "Take care of SC!" He told a group of soldiers behind us as he ran uphill.

I sighed quietly looking around. I'm not sure what I'm looking for. I joined the patrol to see what is going on around here. I felt a strong urge to be here. I don't fight my instincts. I follow them. We set up temporary bases south of the three duchies bordering Daa Haan. It's been a year, no incidents till now.