Chapter Thirty Two: Flickering Light

King Relian's POV
The sound of a ticking clock and dripping water are the most annoyed the sounds to ever exist. The clock in my chambers glides. There is no ticking. But I can hear my watch. It's lying on the bedside unit next to a beautiful woman completely naked on the bed.

The night is unusually warm.

After I got poisoned, I asked that they get rid of aird conditioners in the palace. Now we open windows like normal people. I standing beside an open window, covered by the open curtain in a dark room.

How can a man be scared of standing at his own window? It's possible. I don't want to die. Not yet anyway. I played with the black ring every king before me has worn. I wish there was a way to ask them to give me their wisdom, all their strength for this defining moment in history.

The days are ebbing away fast. I'm well aware of how close I am to attacking. The fifty men are already going through. Stephen is yet to inform me and perhaps that is why I'm awake. I'm waiting to hear they are in place so that the first rebellion can begin. All the towns on the northern side if Daa Haan must be brought back home, under the banner of their mother, Chea Niva.

I'm restless with anticipation. Not even making love to my dear wife soothed me to sleep. No.

I walked over to the bed and carefully covered her with a light sheet. She's so beautiful. I can't help but look at her and admire what I chose. She ha sling limbs, an attribute of her natural born height. Courtney is tall. It must be her because Dani isn't that all. She's average.

I pressed a gentle kiss on her forehead. I whispered my love quietly. As though she heard me she smiled. My beautiful wife. Rehan's mommy. Hopefully someone else's mommy soon. She has given up resistance to bare sex. We both love how it feels and perhaps she is finally open to adding another. I want to fill this place with life. It's my job to coax her I go it and her job to fight back till she sees it my way.

I quickly noted the flashing on the burner phone. Stephen doesn't call me on my phone. Renée advised against it.

"Talk to me."

"I have received the entire package in good condition."

"Good. Make good use of my gift. I trust you know best. I leave it up to you."

I'm letting him lead. I won't get involved. He will give me results. I'm certain. I'm think of giving him a promotion at the end if this if he serves me well. I want to make him an Admiral.

"I'll let you know how useful your gift is." He hanged up.

I sighed in deep relief. They are in place. We are about ready to begin something and there is no going back.

"Reli?"

"Honey, go back to sleep."

She rubbed her eyes. "Why are you awake?"

She got up and walked my way completely naked still with no shyness in her. We shared an intimately deep kiss. "I'm working."

"At this hour? What is it?"

"The 50 just got through. They are in Daa Haan as we speak."

She broke into applause. "Yes! I'm happy about that."

"Me too."

"Reli, I need your permission."

"What for?" I wrapped my arms around her.

"To go crazy." She answered. I pushed her beautiful long hair away from her face. "Set me lose on Adair."

"Do you mean in your area of expertise?"