Chapter Sixteen: Black Out Protocol

Queen Renée's POV
"Rehan... go to sleep. Mama is tired." I pleaded him softly. At least he's full and not interested in suckling but every time I zip up my blouse, he pulls it down. He just wants my boobs to be exposed and ready for his use. Caveman!

"No."

"No?"

"No."

"No?" I tickled him. He squealed and laughed. I carried him to his crib and set him down. "Seriously bud, sleep. It's 10pm! Night night!"

"Bye." He waved at me.

"That's anew word! Bye!"

"Bye!"

He mimicked my wave. He sat down on the crib. I think he's beginning to get it. I'll check on him in a few minutes. I closed the nursery door after dimming the light. We don't like leaving him in darkness because he wails. It's horrible and heartbreaking to hear him cry like that.

Reli hasn't called. I want to call him just to check on how his day went. As soon as I tried, it didn't go through. "Weird. Hey! Do you have bars?"

The bodyguards outside Rehan's room checked their phones.

"No your majesty." They answered.

"Weird, huh?" I asked and kept walking when all of a sudden we were enveloped in silent darkness. "Rehan!"

The wailing and screaming started immediately but by the time I got go him, the lights came back. I picked him up. "It's okay baby boo. Mommy had you. It's okay."

His father lurks around in absolute darkness and he sis scared of darkness. Couldn't he inherit some bravery from daddy?

I'm literally rolling my eyes.

"Renée?" I heard Dana. "Oh great! I found you. What's up with the power?"

"It's back."

"Generators."

"I don't know what is up with the power. Do you have bars?"

We compared our phones. Same problem.

We made our way to our favorite room in the house. We all seem to converge there quite often. QM and Takara are already there. "Do you guys have bars on your phones? I'm trying to call Reli."

They checked.

"No." QM answered.

"I was on call with Cormac when we got disconnected." Takara answered.

They have served tea and scones. Rehan loves strawberry jam. He cries for it. This one is a sweet tooth. We had to get the jam homemade without additional sugars because he eats it right of the jar. His fingers are sticky and sweet.

I gave him the jar.

"Stop teaching him entitlement." QM addressed me. "Reli was taught to earn what he was given. Take the jar from his highness."

One servant approached. He bowed. "Your highness, may I please have the jar?"

I'm almost dying of laughter. Rehan slapped his hand. "No!"

"Your majesty, what now?"

They can't snatch anything from him. I snatched the jar and he pulled my hair nearly from the roots.

"Prince Rehan you will behave yourself!" QM's voice thundered.

My son froze. I think he knows his name. He hid himself against my chest making little defeated whimpers.

"What a voice you have!" Charle made her entrance giving QM a fist bump.

"You two are back early."

"The club closed. It's like 10:30pm. It's so early!" Charle complained.