Chapter Thirty Three: Her Majesty

Queen Renée's POV
"It's an honor your majesty." He bowed graciously. He took my hand and kissed it.

I swallowed with difficulty fighting an urge to knee him to the groin. He smiled at me like we are long lost friends.

"Thank you."

Civil is what my husband said. We know he was civil until he wasn't.

Della looks irritated. This is good... to have both if them here while my systems are performing nothing but ultimate damage to Daa Haan. In fact, that's the only reason I feel sane this morning and I can even afford to smile.

He snapped his fingers and a velvet case was presented to me. "For you my queen."

I barely moved. "I don't like being handed things. No offense." I turned to Barlowe. "Kindly receive the gift on my behalf."

"Gladly your majesty." He smiled at Adair. He has also been taking smiling lessons from Diana. She corrects anyone in her path. Barlowe is a constant victim because he's constantly next to me. He opened the case and showed it to me. It's a spectacular diamond necklace and earrings. It's beautiful. But coming from him, it's dirty. I don't want it. "Do you approve your majesty?"

I shrugged while looking at Barlowe. "It's ordinary. I'm used to spectacular gems that only the king can offer. His crown jewels are much bigger than yours." He got what I mean and he laughed nervously even tucking his fingers into his shirt. "But don't fret. I'll make sure one of my ladies in waiting accepts your cheap gesture."

I found my seat.

He sat across from me obviously irritated. I maintained strong eye contact. Takara is quietly observing.

"Let's begin. Last time-"

"I'm sorry to interrupt but the queen and I haven't seen each other in... years? I would very much appreciate an opportunity to catch up. It does aid the relationship between Chea Niva and Daa Haan. Right?"

The man chairing the meeting looked at me. "Is this okay with her majesty?" He addressed me.

"Yes of course! Anything for peace."

"A private conversation, perhaps?" He offered his hand to me.

Takara told me the way we behave towards each other goes into record. So far, it's in record that CN is the one showing a lack of compliance because of how Reli attacked Adair. Such things are noted because when war ensues and International proceedings are opened to investigate the two parties, everything will be accounted for. Reli hates the International community for meddling in his affairs. I wonder how they will feel when we attack.

But his plan is solid. I believe in it strongly. There is a rebellion bubbling in Daa Haan near Carperia's border and our dear king will intervene to "assist Daa Haan". Adair wants to play the game of facades. He doesn't know who he is truffling with. Rehan's daddy is very convincing.

I accepted his hand. Takara stood up looking as concerned as Barlowe.  I sssured them I'm fine. We moved away from everyone. I pulled my hand out if his tucking both into the pockets of my pants. "Motherhood..." He looked me over with dark eyes. "Has done you good. You look more like a woman than the little girl I met."

"The King takes very good care of me."

"But he's just a boy."

"And what is the definition of a man Adair? Older? Rougher? Abusive? Tyrant? What defines a man?"

He scoffed. "You're still upset about that little misunderstanding?"

"I don't see how we can have this conversation and talk peace. So let's forget about that and focus on what's important. Let's pursue peace." I faced everyone with a glorious smile on my face. "Come. Let's sit down and talk."