@ The Masque Of A Songbird

Pairings: Jaskier x Reader
Fandom: The Witcher

Warnings: None?
SUMMARY: You see him at a ball and once more at dinner.
Request from anon ​: Hi, could I request a Halloween Blurb where the reader goes to a spooky Halloween themed Masquerade ball, and she and Jaskier (The Witcher) fall in love with each other, please? Thanks so much!! & Halloween Mini-Fic: Could I request some headcanons of falling in love with Jaskier, when you meet him at a Halloween themed ball, please? Thanks so much! x

A/N I totally didn't base the title off of The Masque of the Red Death by Edgar Allan Poe,,, I'd never do that. Also if Jask seems a big OOC it's because I haven't written for him much.... and IK this seems kinda rushed and I apologize for that, I've been having trouble writing recently </3

Masquerade balls weren't your usual sceneBut you were invited (more like forced) by your friend who happened to be an up and coming characterture artistYou were bored, despite the fun nature of the ball until you heard a beautiful voiceA man - a bard more specifically, wore the mask of a songbird... and his voice drew you in immediatelyEven though you had complained and moaned about going to the ball, you ended up spending more time there than your friendMaybe it was the wine, or the lovely smell of lavender in the air that made you so entranced by the songbird's voice...You soon learned who the bard was, the famous Jaskier and it made you even more curious as to how he ended up at such an eventIt took nearly all night for Jaskier to take a break as the people begged for more songs and you hadn't meant to run into him, or at least you think it was an accidentThe beautiful doublet that matched Jaskier's eyes was now stained purple from the deep red wine in your cup"Oh! I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying any-" (you)
Once you finally looked up through your mask, you realized who it was and felt even more embarrassed that you ran into the man you'd been gawking at all night"Finally an excuse to leave, my throat's gone sore from all the singing." (Jaskier)
"You sounded amazing even up until the end!" (you)"Oh good, I thought I sounded like a cock in the morning!"
He was funny too, oh gods... you were in for it"How can I repay you for the damages?" (you)Jaskier just shrugged you off, saying it was fineIt wasn't until a week later when you saw him againAnd it felt like the first time since you finally got to see more than his eyesThe entire seven days you thought of his beautiful voice and haunting lyrics... the entire seven days you dreamed of being able to know the man behind the bardJaskier was as kind as before, even more so it seemed as he joked and explained (again) that no payment was necessaryBut you managed to convince him to have dinner with you, it was all you could manage anywayAnd so you two had dinner and he proved to be an interesting character but his adventures made your heart race and his storytelling skills made you able to imagine everything he spoke upBy the end of the night, you felt like you'd been introduced to a whole new world"I'd love to travel as you do," (you)
"That's a wonderful idea! You should join me! That witcher I mentioned is the one who's shown me quite literally the entire continent." (Jaskier)
"The entire continent!?" (you)
Jaskier laughed and said he was exaggerating before inviting you once moreYou knew it was an offer you couldn't refuse"Oh gods, yes! I'd love to leave this little town and join you, Jaskier."