xɪɪ. ᴛʜᴇ ʙɪᴛᴇ

Tw - gore, blood, its just disgusting.

Did you disinfect?

Yes, Jay.

THE SILENCE WAS LOUD while Eleven sat in front of the freezers that made a low buzzing sound

THE SILENCE WAS LOUD while Eleven sat in front of the freezers that made a low buzzing sound. The group surrounded her just waiting.

It had become a daily cycle to do this. Eleven sat on the floor with a bandana around her head with white noise in the background while the group say around her quietly just watching.

And waiting.

A soda can clicked open making everyone turn to Lucas who held a can of Coca-Cola. "Quiet." Max said to him "Oh, sorry." he replied before bringing the can to his lips and taking a sip.

Mike looked at the boy with disgust "How do you even drink that?" he asked in a whisper tone as Lucas took the can away from his lips. "Because it's delicious." Lucas said, also in a whisper tone.

"What?" Everyone said at the same time.

"It's like Carpenter's The Thing. The original is a classic, no question about it." Lucas said "But the remake," he brought the can to his lips once again taking a long sip, making a slurping sound. He removed the can from his lips and sighed "sweeter, bolder... better." he smiled.

Jayden shook her head. "You're insane." Mike commented "So, you prefer the original Thing?" Lucas asked. "What? No, I'm not talking about The Thing, I'm talking about New Coke." Mike explained making Lucas roll his eyes. "It's the same concept, dude."

"Uh, actually, it's not the same concept."

"It is the same concept."

"No, it's not."

"Yes it is!" Lucas yelled. Jayden and Max jumped as Eleven ripped off the blindfold.

"Hey." She said in a stern tone making both boys turn towards her and say 'sorry'. She just stared at them.

"Did you.. find him?" Mike asked.

•••

MAX AND JAYDEN WALKED beside Lucas who was pushing a cart full of fireworks. "Dustin's so freaked out about the gate, he decided to go watch a movie?" Lucas asked "Yeah, makes total sense."