xᴠɪɪɪ. ʀᴀɪɴ, ᴄᴜᴅᴅʟᴇs, ᴄᴏᴄᴏᴀ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs

Tw - talks about death

Why are you crying?

You won't leave me right?

JAYDEN AWOKE WITH ARMS tightly wrapped around her waist

JAYDEN AWOKE WITH ARMS tightly wrapped around her waist. She sighed feeling max nuzzle into her back.

The two had a sleepover. They stayed up pretty late calling El and talking and more.

Jayden grabbed her side tables clock that sat next to the picture Will had given her the day he left. She smiled before turning the clock towards herself seeing the time read twelve fifty. Her eyes widened seeing how late they had slept it, but it was the weekend so she let it slide.

Max let out a groan and squeezed Jayden's waist silently telling her to get back into bed. But Jayden stopped when she heard the thumping of rain hitting the windows. She slightly leaned over Max and pulled open her curtain revealing the cloudy sky and the wet street.

"Get up, Rose." Jayde whispered, peppering kissed onto her cheeks and head. Max slightly opened her eyes "What?" she mumbled.

Jayden smiled at the girls raspy morning voice.

"It's raining!" She said excitedly. She removed the sheets from herself and ran her fingers through her hair diminishing any knots. "Where are you going?" Max wined as a rain jacket was thrown at her. "Come on!" Jayden begged as she threw on her green rain jacket.

Max sighed but got up. Jayden ran into the bathroom quickly brushing her teeth, Max following behind grabbing her own tooth brush that Jayden insisted she kept here since she had been around a lot.

Since Billy passed Max stayed by Jayden's side no matter what. Max knew it was the thought of her leaving that kept her around. She hated that thought.

It visited her every time she looked at the brunette. Randomly. They could be having the best day and suddenly she'd remember and just like that Max would stay at the Harrington's for weeks in a row, school days or not.

She never told Jayden these feelings though.

The two threw on their shoes and ran outside where rain fell on to their heads making them wake up if they weren't awake already.

Jayden grabbed Max's hands and led her to the small road that lead to her house. She twirled the red head around making her laugh.

The two chased each other, danced, sang, and talked in the rain.

In that moment everything seemed perfect until Max's thoughts were flooded with that same feeling of abandonment.

"Hey, love?" Jayden walked closer. "What's wrong." Max hoped she wouldn't notice the tear that fell down and if she did she hoped Jayden thought it was rain.

"Why are you crying?"

Shit.

"You won't leave me right?" Max blurted. Jayden quickly shook her head and pulled her into a hug. "Who told you I would? I would never." She whispered into the girls ear making Max visibly calm down.

"Thoughts."

Jayden instantly understood what that meant and pulled back cupping her face. "I will never, ever leave you as long as I am alive." Jayden caressed the girls cheek.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

Max gave a week smiled before kissing the girl.

Kissing in the rain, cliché right?

Jayden giggled as Max placed her hands on the brunette's waist. "I love you." Jayden mumbled before kissing her again.

"I love you too." Max said as they separated. "A lot."

Jayden smiled. "Follow me." She ordered in a soft tone before laying down on the wet pavement. Max laughed and lay next to her with a smile as the rain fell on their faces.

After a while of talking they began to walk towards the house

"Want hot coco? Might make you feel better." she suggested as she pulled open the door for the red head. Max weakly nodded in response as they walked back through the door.

First the two went upstairs changing into a different pairs of pj's Jayden wore pj pants and a small tank top while Max wore a baggy t-shirt with sweats.

The two were in the kitchen, wet hair sticking to their skin which they head already brushed out. Jayden say on the counter, Max's torso in between her legs, both mixing hot-coco powder with hot water in their respective mugs.

"Oooh!" Jayden suddenly said which caught Max's attention. "Want marshmallows? And whipped cream?" The hyper girl asked. Max nodded smiling at the her excitement.

Max walked towards the pantry grabbing the marshmallows then towards the fridge and grabbed the whipped cream.

"Thank you!" Jayden dragged out the 'u' at the end.

Max made a swirl of whipped cream on top of her drink before dropping multiple marshmallows onto it, Jayden did the same.

The two drank the hot chocolate on the couch, snuggled up, talking.

Jayden looked up at the red head as the girl talked about getting a new skateboard. This made her smile.

Max had been everything she wanted. And more.

She silently promised herself in her head that whatever happens she would protect her.

From anything and anyone.

Whatever it takes.

A/N

i was bored and i wanted to make a little teaser for season 4 <3

ALSO stranger things is rated TV-MA now? (tv mature) that makes me kinda scared.

🫶🫶🫶

(also heartstopper was so good)