xɪ. ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ᴀ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ɢᴏᴇs ᴏᴜᴛ

Tw - talks about death, bad home life

You're important, you're not a burden

My mother taught me different.

EVERYONE WAS FAST ASLEEP in the Wheeler basement

EVERYONE WAS FAST ASLEEP in the Wheeler basement. It was like a huge sleepover, except, it wasn't just to hang out, it was so another person wouldn't be face-to-face with death.

Jayden was sitting on the couch where Max slept, she was doodling on pieces of paper she found lying in the basement.

She had doodled different, easy things. Like hearts, stars, paper airplanes. Right now she was drawing something the actually wanted to work on. It was going to be a skull with spiders crawling out of the eye parts, she thought it would look quite cool.

The brunette wasn't even supposed to be up, it was supposed to be Dustin watching Max, making sure she was safe. But the boy had fallen asleep and Jayden couldn't so, it worked.

Jayden averted her eyes to a clock, it read two-twenty am. Great.

Shifting beside her made her turn over to look at the sleeping red-head. Max was making small little movements on the couch, before they became thrashes and jolts.

Jayden got up and kneeled next to her body, lightly shaking it so she could wake up. Max did, she shot up in a cold sweat while breathing heavily. "Hey, hey, shh." Jayden took the girl in her arms. Max didn't waste any time to hug her waist and place her head in between the crook of Jayden's neck, hiding her face.

Max let out heavy breaths as she slowly calmed down, mostly thanks to Jayden's arms around her. Jayden pulled away a little and looked at Max with scared eyes. "Love, are you okay?" She asked in soft tone. The red-head looked down. "Can we just talk?" She mumbled.

The brunette instantly nodded and collected the papers she was originally using and put then into a neat stack on the side table of the couch. She then sat at the end of Max's feet but Max shook her head. "Can you.." Max stop, shook her head, and motioned from herself then towards Jayden. "Can I lay with you?"