Chapt 30: Comfort by the tree

Y/N pov:

Carlos's head was on my lap sleeping peacefully. I grab the purple hyacinth in my pocket at put it in his hair. I hum on how cute it looks as I play with his hair more with flowers, to pass the time.

He wriggled as he groans. I pause on what I'm doing, hoping he'll go back to sleep. He crosses his arms as he went back to sleep. I sigh as I smile on the entertainment I'm having by just playing with his hair with flowers.

A little while later. I look at the sun and it was sorta in the middle of the sky. I guess it's around 2-3 pm right now. I yawn as I look back at Carlos..

My hand reached on his cheek.. Who would actually do that to him? Is that why Camilo and Isabela is acting weird? Did something happened last night that lead to this?.. Was it my fault, even??

I caress his cheek as I lean my head back on the tree. I sigh as my mind continued to jumble. Ugh.. I should just sleep it off.. I got time anyways. I close my eyes til my mind just goes.. blank.

(We gon get Zzz's for like a bit)

I hear sniffling again..

I blink mindlessly as I rub my eyes to wake me up. I look down and see Carlos crying in his sleep. I sit right up, furrowing my eyebrows.

He's.. Crying?
In his sleep??

I wipe his tears though tears still dropped on his cheeks, rapidly. Is he having a bad dream?..

"Carlos.." I repeatedly whisper loudly to him as I shake him gently. He jolts up in a panting state "Carlos! Are you okay?? You were crying in your sleep.." I ask him as I lean close to him. He looks at me as he quickly wipe away his tears "Yeah.. Im fine" He says as he looks away.

He covers his face with his palms and groaned. I place my hand on his shoulder "Bad dream?" I guessed. He looks at me as he pats his head. He plucks a flower and looks at it. I snicker as I pat his shoulder.

He exhaled deeply through his nose as he lays back down on my lap "Mm.. I dreamt of the Madrigals.. pretty much everyone treating me like shit.. didn't expect much until.. you went along with them" He explains as he pluck each flower in his hair. I gave a concerned look, and puff

"Thats why you should stop your bad habits. You're gonna keep on dreaming nonsensical things" I nag him "I'm not gonna leave you.." My tone sadden as I pout. He takes a glimpse at me and rolled his eyes.

I snicker as I lean forward and cup his cheek kissing him on the cheek deeply "Its true~" I convinced him as my lips was still close to his cheek. He scoffs. I chuckle as I lean back at the tree

I look at the sun again and see it was almost in the phase it set. I look at him, he was still plucking the flowers out of his hair gently "Do you want me to sleep with you?" I offer. He pauses as he looks at the sky "I can give you more comfort" I reasoned "I can fix this myself. Thanks" He declined.

I grumble as I fiddled his sleeves "Whats up with you?" He asked as he takes a glimpse at me "I just want to care for you atleast.. You were hurt.." I said in a sorrow tone. He sighs as he looks at me "Even if I want to. I can't. We'll both be in danger" He reasoned.

I scoff as I pinch my nose "Does your abuela hate you that much that I can't even love you??" I complain "She dosent know that you love me. She assumes that I'm forcing you to love me" He says. "Your not forcing anyone. Ugh.. Can't your abuela see the kindness in you..?" I say as I played with his curls "Guess not" He hums as he twirls a flower in his hand

"How about your other relatives? Tio Felix? Tio Pepa?!" I exclaim "They're alright. Just- Stop being enrage on me crying over some dumb shit" He waves his hand

"Dumb shi- Are you out of your mind?? I just wanted you to feel love, atleast.." I grumble as I cross my arms.. He looks at me with furrowed eyebrows. He sighs as he seats up and stayed closed in front of me "I feel loved, Y/N. And it is your doing on making me this way. Your love is like- cuddling with marshmallows" He stated. I feel my cheeks heat up as I quickly look away to hide "And I'm not just referencing that because you believe being called fluffy is fat" He assures me as he rubs his neck "No need to remind me for that" I noted "Hm- Just- Your love is like a life long acheivement. So.. Thank you for that, princessa" He thanks me with a small smile.

I feel my heart skip a beat and butterflies fluttering hastily in my stomach as my face feels like it's poured over lava. I hear him snicker as he held my chin and kisses me. I rested my hand on his shoulder as he pulled his lips away.

I look at him, feeling like my eyes shimmer upon looking at his "Im gonna sleep at your place. Whether you like it our not" I chuckle "Abuela won't let you in my room. Even if I needed it" He puffs.

I hum as I think of an idea. Oh! Ting. Lightbulb~ "Then I'll just sneak in to your room late at night" I plan "You really want me that bad huh?" He smirks "Ofcourse.. You deserve comfort" I reasoned as I pat his head.

"Mhm.. Won't your parents be concerned about breaking in to somebody's house late at night just to comfort someone?" He points out "They won't mind. I'll just say that I'm gonna sleep over in Isabelas place" I planned again "Dolores has a little note already so.. Let's just hope for the best and not fail" I clap my hands once as I intertwined my fingers

The sky starts to darken. I look at the sky seeing that the sun was near wat setting "We need to go home.. Want me to walk you home?" I offer as I stand up "No thanks. I have two legs" He points out. I roll my eyes as he stands up also.

We head to the path way at the alley to use it to get home. At one point at the path is where the bakery us closely located.

"Well.. bye now, hermoso~" I tease as I kiss his cheek. He waves me on good bye and continues to walk away. I head to bakery.. Still thinking about something..

He feels loved.. whenever he is with me..?

?