Chapt 35: Happy

Y/N pov:

I was about to head to the alley but apparently I noticed Abuela Alma approaching me.

"Y/N. Do you have a minute?" She asked me in a low tone. I tilt my head and smiled.. "Uhm.. Sure!" I agree. She smiles and nods. She then waves her finger in a come here motion. She then walks off as I follow her, feeling anxious about this..

She stops in a quiet place. More like an open alley. She faces me as I started fiddling with my hands.

"Y/N. Lo siento mucho, for Carlos bothering you" Alma started to apologize.. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion and in a bit of concern.

"I swear that boy is in big trouble. Ah- So I'm sorry Y/N. For you being tagged along with Carlos's mischief" She adds. I flinch in concern while my face changed in an angry way but I managed to hide it by calming down a bit.

"Wha-" "He manipulated you, Y/N. He used his dirty mouth to make you his minion!" She reasoned. Is this la bruja saying that because I'm short? Or is it because this la bruja dosent see mierda about Carlos's true potential?..

"Oh you poor thing. Don't worry I'll punish him" Alma thinks that can assure me..

"What?" I suddenly said "Pardon?" She said back "What are you saying? Carlos didn't do anything" I defend.

"Oh that boy has got you in the mind" She hissed. She then shook her head and pats my shoulder.

"No- This is my own thought. This is my own voice. I- I'm not brainwashed by Carlos" I tell her "Y/N.. Its alright. Everything is gonna be okay" She tries reassuring me again

"Everything is not gonna be okay if you keep on blaming your grandson. Carlos did nothing. I did it! Don't blame hi-" "That boy is the son of the devil! He is a psycho. Your saying that because you've been manipulated, Y/N" She cuts me off with this piece of crap.

"I am not manipulated! If I am, I should be saying this in monotone! And I am raising my voice because I want you to stop blaming all of these nonsense that you are faulting him!" I angrily said. Alma looks at me in concern as she looks at me up and down

"Actually!- I should be the one to blame because it was my idea to hangout with him and my idea to force him to hangout with me" I poke my chest

"Are you turning yourself as a delinquent?!" She questioned in a yell "He's a delinquent because you made him believe so!" I make a point as I try to calm myself by massaging my temple

"Because he is a delinquent! He never respects the people or his fami-" "Well have you respect him?" I suddenly ask. She furrows her eyebrows as she did not continue what she was about to say "Mm. See..! And if you say he's a delinquent because he's not good for your family.. then you're the psycho" I said to her in a low frustrated voice.

"If you actually care to even give him attention! Then he wouldn't be like this in the first place!.. And he's surprisingly nice! Better than you expected. Heck! I'm dating him!" I pleaded angrily. She widens her eyes in surprise on what I just said "Y'know why? Besides him being hot!- He is a nice, kindred spirit!" I reasoned

"And I don't want him being all hurt and being despised by his own home.." I add in a quivering tone as I look in Alma's eyes in sorrow "And- And I don't want him to kill himself before I could even do more with him!" I add again as I feel my nose minty and my eyes tearing up.

"Now, Alma.. Just try and communicate with him. He is way more better than your negative thoughts about him.." I suggest and begging to just- making him being treated right..

Abuela Alma's eyebrows furrows as she looks at me in a sort of.. disgusted expression. Perra- Ugh. This is a waste of time..

"In any respective way.. This could also help the Madrigals.. Im just saying.... I apologize for snapping out on you like that but.. you do need to snap back to reality" I sighed as I walk away.. with the feeling of relief but frustration at the same time.