ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

"You saved me from dying? You? Really?"

⭒🐺━━━━━🐺⭒

"Stiles? Arlo?" Natalie asks, sighing in relief when she sees the two walking towards her.

"Hey- Stiles, you're not looking so good. Maybe you should lie down-" Natalie starts, looking at the paling and sweating teenager in concern.

"No, I'm okay. Have you seen Mr. Yukimura?" Stiles asks, his breathing slightly heavy.

"Yeah, he's okay. He's helping with the other students." Natalie nods in reply.

Charlotte looks into the classroom to try and find Mr. Yukimura, only to freeze when she sees Coach in one of the beds, passed out.

"Is Coach the only adult who got sick?" Charlotte asks curiously, cutting into Stiles' and Natalie's conversation.

"Yeah, as far as I know. Why?" The woman asks her daughter's girlfriend, watching as her face drops into realisation.

"We'll be right back, Natalie." Charlotte sends the adult a polite smile before she takes ahold of Stiles' hand, walking to Coach's office as fast as she can.

"What are we looking for?" Stiles asks her in confusion.

"Do you remember when I said that thing about getting poisoned by an ink finger print during an exam when Jackson was talking to us about the Kanima?" Charlotte asks her best friend, quickly rummaging through Coach's things.

"Yeah- oh." Stiles realises, his eyes widening slightly before he starts to rummage through his things too.

"How do you always know these things are gonna happen?" Stiles asks as he looks through Coach's desk.

"Maybe I'm another supernatural creature that can tell the future? Who knows?" Charlotte suggests with a light hum, furrowing her eyebrows when she just sees a box of safety pins in a single drawer.

"How has he not found these yet..?" Charlotte asks herself, remembering hiding the safety pins there.

However, after a few moments, Charlotte feels a sharp prick in her neck, her body instantly going stiff before pain starts to burn through her body, making the Lynx let out a pained groan.

"Whore." Charlotte grumbles before she's grabbed, the waver in her voice instantly making Stiles look up to see the examiner, smirking at Stiles as he holds a gun at Charlotte's head.

"I was wondering how that idiot got sick. Good thinking, Miss. Hale." The Chemist hums, pressing the gun into Charlotte's rapidly paling forehead.

"Why thank you- what the fuck is going on with me?" Charlotte asks, feeling her body start to drain.

"He's injected you with wolvesbane, Arlo." Stiles tells his slightly confused best friend.

"Oh... why?" Charlotte scrunches her nose in confusion, flinching when the Chemist digs his fingers into her arms.

"Do either of you know where the rest of your friends are? Since, you know, I need to show the Benefactor their dead bodies so I can get payed." The Chemist smiles at Stiles cheerfully.

"Visual confirmation..." Stiles trails, glancing rapidly between Charlotte and the gun.

"Exactly. Do you know that this particular virus doesn't kill humans? So, you'll get better. And, I've injected Miss. Hale with some wolvesbane like you pointed out earlier. It should feel nice that at least one of you gets to live, right?" The assassin asks with a smirk as he backs Stiles into the locker room, dragging Charlotte with him.