ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ꜱɪx

"Ow- fuck you, whore."

⭒🐺━━━━━🐺⭒

Charlotte hasn't spoken to anyone. Not Malia. Not Scott. Not Lydia. Not even Stiles. Not even Melissa. They've tried, trust me, they've tried, but nothing any of them have said has been able to bring the now human Hale out of her thoughts. Though, Stiles, Lydia and Allison managed to finally bring Charlotte out of her room to help them look for the Nemeton, knowing The Hale will not be turning up to school that day.

"It's almost like this thing doesn't want to be found." Stiles groans in annoyance, his feet hurting from walking around for hours in end through the preserve.

"Maybe it knows we're not at school." Lydia hums, earning a light laugh from Allison.

"Yeah, because the Nemeton really cares for our education." Allison snickers, shaking her head at the Strawberry Blonde. And Lydia playfully glares at the Huntress in return.

"We've also been here twice, dumbass." Charlotte points out, gesturing to the tree in front of them. The others quickly turn to the tree she's pointed out, and Stiles' groan grows louder when he sees the two cross marks Lydia marked down.

"Fuck."

"Maybe we should go and talk to Parrish now?" Lydia suggests, stopping next to her girlfriend and crossing her arms over her chest. Subconsciously, Charlotte leans closer towards Lydia, her familiar comforting presence allowing her to relax momentarily.

"Hang on, isn't the Nemeton covered in bodies?" Stiles questions, whirling around to look at Lydia. "Shouldn't you be able to find them?"

"Me?"

"Yes you! You're the Banshee, you're the death finder, this is what you do." Stiles nods eagerly, hoping he's getting somewhere with this.

"She's not a dog, Stiles." Allison raises her eyebrows at her friend.

"Yeah, the Banshee's also having an off-day. An off-day she wants to spend with her girlfriend." Lydia huffs, and Stiles quietens down. "So, how about, we get this over with and go and talk to Parrish? How does that sound?" Grabbing onto Charlotte's hand - and not spotting the flinch The Hale gives at the sudden contact - Lydia goes to walk away.

And, Stiles is quick to blurt out in sudden panic, "Wait!" The Banshee stops in her place, all three girls turning to look at the Stilinski, two in confusion and one in concern. "We can't."

"Why not?" Lydia and Allison ask him simultaneously. However, from next to them, Charlotte's face slowly drops in realisation. Donovan.

"Because, one of the bodies..." Stiles stammers, proving Charlotte's thoughts right. Stiles frequently glances over to his best friend, still trying to stammer out his answer. "One of them... one..."

"One of them could be some type of clue." Charlotte helps him out. Stiles' body visibly deflates in relief at Charlotte's words, sending her a subtle nod of gratitude.

"I'm leaving now, and I'm going to talk to Parrish and tell him that he's the one taking the bodies. If any of you want to come with me for that..." Lydia trails, now being the only one to walk away.

And Charlotte, not wanting to be in the dog house with her girlfriend, practically runs after her not even a moment after the Strawberry Blonde takes a step. Stiles sighs in defeat before he broodingly follows after the two girls, passing a laughing Allison, who is amused by his annoyance, "Well, tell him he owes me a Jeep!"

Allison turns back one last time, a frown covering her face when she sees a small clearing that definitely wasn't there beforehand. "Allison! Get your ass over here before Stiles tries to drive your car!"