ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ

"Does this mean I can set the school on fire now?"

⭒🐺━━━━━🐺⭒

"Keep your arms up." Charlotte tells her girlfriend, showing her a demonstration. "It'll help block your enemies attacks to your face. And you have a pretty face, so, you might wanna learn this quickly."

"Seriously?" Lydia asks the newly informed Chimera with an amused smirk, shaking her head in disbelief.

"Don't look away from your enemy!" Charlotte yells, and Lydia immediately looks back at her. "Have you never watched Twilight? Jasper goes through all this shit!"

"Can we please continue?"

"Yeah, right, sorry..."

Charlotte and Lydia both raise their fists at the same time, ready to fight each other. Charlotte smirks at the Banshee, gesturing to Lydia with a 'come hither' motion, taunting her. Lydia, completely focused on getting this right, ignores her action and takes the first step towards her.

The Chimera blocks her first punch, quickly ducking under Lydia's arm when she swings. Lydia lets out a tired huff, just wanting to get in one good hit on her girlfriend... okay that didn't sound good but you know what I mean.

"I'm starting to see how this is pointless now." Lydia sighs, stopping her attacks. "We should just get ready for school-"

"Oh no, not today." Charlotte interjects with a shake of her head. "School's boring. I'm thinking about burning it down anyways."

"You wouldn't."

"Try me, screamer."

"There is literally no point in doing this." Lydia tells the seventeen year old, staring to doubt herself again.

"You've only been practising for a day. You're not gonna get it right straight away." Charlotte comforts, sending her girlfriend a smile. "Okay?"

Lydia nods a little at her words. She rolls her shoulders back and lifts her fists again in her fighting position, ready to start again. And Charlotte, smirking, does the same.

Another swing, another block. This happens a few more times before Lydia is finally able to get a punch on Charlotte's shoulder, knocking the Hale off of her train of thoughts for a few moments. However, she's immediately back in the game when Lydia sends another punch, only for Charlotte to block it again.

"Shit." Lydia hisses in pain, dropping her arms and putting a hand over where her stitches are.

Charlotte's face immediately drops into an expression full of worry as soon as this happens, she drops her arms and walks over to Lydia, grabbing her hand. Lydia looks down at their joined hands, watching as black veins trail up Charlotte's arm as she takes her pain.

The Banshee looks up at the Chimera, who continues to stare down at her with furrowed eyebrows, the pain from Lydia doesn't really seem to affect her, seeing as she just keeps a straight face.

"What?" Lydia asks quietly, leaning into Charlotte's hand when she gently cups her face.

"Maybe we should stop for a while." Charlotte nods with a tight smile. "I don't want you getting hurt. Your stitches might rip."

"But they're fine..." Lydia trails, now staring at Charlotte with concern.

She hasn't exactly been... herself, since the Eichen House visit a few days back. And no one, not even Stiles, knows exactly why. And whenever they try to ask her what's on her mind, Charlotte just says 'she's fine' before quickly changing the subject.