ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

"Whore."

⭒🐺━━━━━🐺⭒

"All we know is that his family had left town around the time Theo was about nine or ten and his older sister had died in an accident when he was eight." Stiles tells his dad as himself and Charlotte follow the Sheriff through the station, speaking of their worries and suspicions about Theo.

"And don't you think it's a little coincidental that about, five or six months after that, Arlo was found and taken back home from when she was kidnapped?" Stiles asks, his eyebrows raising at the back of his dad's head.

"Will you both just please go to school." Sheriff huffs, glancing back at the two teenagers momentarily.

"Dad, this kid's a werewolf!" Stiles tells him.

"Oh my god..." Charlotte mutters, slowly shaking her head at her best friend's words.

"Your best friend is a werewolf. The girl next to you is a Lynx with some weird witchy powers, who can weirdly tell the future, you're also dating a werecoyote and Scott is also dating a werewolf. Arlo is dating a literal Banshee, I still don't know what Kira's supposed to be, but when we have flying monkeys soaring through this station, then you'll both have my undivided attention, until then? Go to school." Sheriff rambles, leaning two wide eyed teenagers.

"Okay, one, shouldn't you be giving us your undivided attention if Arlo's worried since she can 'weirdly tell the future?'" Stiles asks with a small hum.

"That is true." Charlotte nods, pursing her lips awkwardly when the Sheriff sends her a look.

"I was just saying..." The Lynx trails awkwardly, finding her shoes suddenly interesting.

"And two... what the hell did you do?" Stiles asks, now gaining his dad's undivided attention.

"You're noticing something off too? Thank god." Charlotte nods in agreement.

"What do you mean "what did I do?' What the hell are you two talking about?" Sheriff asks the two, glancing between the two in confusion.

"There's something different about you." Stiles tells the adult.

"Very different, it makes you look weird." Charlotte adds.

"Yeah, very weird. What is the matter with you?" Stiles asks, muttering his question before he walks over to his dad, observing him closely.

"This just got weird, real quick." Charlotte murmurs, slowly furrowing her eyebrows.

"Oh for the love of god- Stiles! Just go to school, and take Arlo with you!" Sheriff whisper-yells, pushing his son away.

"We'll go if you promise to do a full background check on the Raekens." Stiles sighs, stubbornly crossing his arms over his chest.

"And if we can have some coffee... it's way too early for this shit." Charlotte adds.

"Language, Arlo."

"Sorry, Captain America."

"Okay, do you know what? Just because I'm the only law enforcement officer that knows almost everything about this, doesn't mean it's always gonna be my responsibility to do something every time either of you two have a minor suspicion." Sheriff sighs.

"But what if it isn't a minor suspicion? People could get hurt, people could literally die. And, if I'm being honest, I'd rather not watch anymore friends die or almost die. I've just gotten rid of my freaking nightmares." Charlotte hums, making Sheriff raise his eyebrows at her.