ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ

"You're dreaming."

⭒🐺━━━━━🐺⭒

Charlotte bursts into the hospital room, her eyes wide with panic and her breathing slightly heavy from running from the loft to the hospital.

"What the fuck happened?" The Lynx asks, her voice a few octaves higher as she stares at Sheriff Stilinski, who lays in the hospital bed with a doctor next to him.

"Language, Arlo-" Sheriff starts with a small sigh, wondering how the sixteen year old Lynx knew he's there.

"Who the fuck shot you? Was it one of your deputies? Does this excuse the consequences if I murder them..? Just asking for a friend." Charlotte rambles, smiling sheepishly as she asks her questions.

"Worried daughter?" The doctor asks, himself and Stiles listening to Charlotte ramble in amusement.

"More worried than you think..." Sheriff trails with a small sigh, raising his eyebrows slightly when Charlotte turns to him expectantly.

"So... is that a yes?" The Lynx asks hopefully.

"It's a no, Arlo." Sheriff Stilinski shakes his head in reply, making Charlotte's hopeful expression drop.

"Oh... well that's disappointing." Charlotte mumbles to herself, glancing at Stiles momentarily before she sits on the chair near Stiles',making sure to not look towards him.

"Still not speaking to me?" Stiles asks the Lynx quietly as the doctor and his dad talk.

Charlotte just ignores him.

"Thought you would have been at the loft with Lydia and the others about Parrish." Stiles adds, looking towards his best friend as he speaks.

"Your dad is more important... I'm also ignoring Lydia." Charlotte reluctantly tells him, not turning to look at him back.

"You're also ignoring me." Stiles points out, his eyebrows raising slightly.

"I'd rather take my chances being in your company than Lydia's." The Lynx mumbles, her head lolling onto her shoulder.

"That bad?" Stiles asks with a small wince.

"You're no better." Charlotte scoffs, making Stiles frown a little at his best friend.

"That's between you and your insurance, unfortunately." The Doctor sighs, making Charlotte and Stiles turn to their conversation.

"You should start feeling the morphine in a minute. You should try and get some rest, Mr.-" The doctor starts.

"Sheriff." He corrects himself before he quickly walks out of the room, making the Sheriff turn to see Stiles' and Charlotte's worried expressions.

"You two, stop that. I was just curious about the terminology. We're not in any kind of dire straits." The Sheriff shakes his head at the two teens.

"I know about the bills, dad." Stiles sighs sadly.

"I don- well, did not- know." Charlotte shakes her head a little.

"I know about the collectors calling about Eichen House. I know about the advance from the department and about the credit cards-" Stiles starts to ramble, making Charlotte turn to him with a frown.

"Are you seriously going through my stuff?" Sheriff asks Stiles angrily, making Stiles' eyes widen.

Charlotte, however, lets out a low whistle, a laugh soon following as she leans back in her seat.

"That's low, dude." The Lynx shakes her head at Stiles, who just sends her a 'shut up' look.

"I go through all your stuff! Especially when you start to keep things from me- Arlo, back me up here." Stiles huffs.