ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ

"If you two ever think of adopting children... don't."

⭒🐺━━━━━🐺⭒

"Arlo." Sheriff sighs a little when the Lynx walks into his office at the station.

"Sheriff." Charlotte mumbles as she slumps down in the chair opposite him, instantly hiding her face in her hands as she tries to not let her stress take over her... which isn't exactly working.

"Talk to me." The adult tells her, putting his pen down and giving Charlotte his full attention.

"You want my favourite colour or my opinions on the weather?" Charlotte asks, bringing her hands down to her lap as she looks out of the window.

"Arlo-" Sheriff starts, his concern growing for the girl in front of him.

"It's kinda cold out... but sunny enough to wear a shirt and be fine... I don't know, it's kinda bipolar today-" Charlotte starts with a small hum, squinting her eyes as if she's observing what's going on outside.

"No, Arlo, talk to me." Sheriff interjects, making Charlotte furrow her eyebrows in confusion.

"... I am talking to you... aren't I?" The Lynx asks, slowly turning to look at Sheriff Stilinski.

"Let me re-word this... don't give me your bullshit. I can see right through you." Sheriff sends her a fatherly look, making Charlotte purse her lips momentarily.

"Ghost-wise?" Charlotte asks awkwardly.

"I'm worried about you, Arlo." Sheriff tells her bluntly.

"...what?" The Lynx asks in complete shock, not expecting those words to come out of his mouth.

"I worried about you. You're number one on the Deadpool, you literally died for months and- I don't know- drank youth juice and turned back into your eight year old self." Sheriff huffs, making the Lynx snicker a little.

"You're fighting with everyone, except Malia and Liam and whoever else you talk to... don't even get me started on Peter and Derek... your mom..." Sheriff trails his sentence when he sees Charlotte slump down more in her chair.

"Yeah... please don't get started with that." Charlotte mumbles, her eyes cast down to her lap where her hands lay.

Sheriff lets out a small sigh, his lips pursing sadly when he sees the growing tears forming in Charlotte's eyes.

"You need to speak to someone." Sheriff tells her softly.

"I don't, I'm fine-" Charlotte instantly shakes her head, becoming defensive.

"No, you're not. Everyone knows it too... but they're kinda too scared to talk to you right now." Sheriff nods, making Charlotte let out an amused laugh.

"Okay, look, you don't even have to talk to me or anyone else I'd you don't want too. Sorry if I sounded too pushy before. But..." Sheriff trails again, quickly getting up and walking into the back room.

"You weren't being pushy!" Charlotte yells after him, keeping her eyes on the back room door as she waits for the Sheriff to come back.

Charlotte smiles happily when he does, her eyes instantly casting down to the tub of ice cream in his hands.

"Where do you keep these?" Charlotte asks, sending the Sheriff a thankful smile when he hands her the ice cream.

"Away from you." Sheriff laughs, making Charlotte send him a playful glare before she starts eating her ice cream.

"Don't you have Sheriff shit to do?" Charlotte asks as the adult sits back down in his chair, wincing a little at the coolness of the treat.

"Language." Sheriff raises his eyebrows at the girl, making Charlotte shake her head in amusement.