ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

"Sorry."

⭒🐺━━━━━🐺⭒

Charlotte Hale is lost. She doesn't know exactly how this predicament came to pass, seeing as she knows every single square inch of Beacon Hills, however, whilst she's been continuously trying to call her girlfriend and her sister (both of who aren't answering at all, which is causing her to panic drastically) Charlotte didn't see where she was going. And now, she's in the middle of nowhere.

"Arlo?" Though, being in the middle of nowhere is at the back of her mind.

"You know, people ask me why I sometimes don't leave you alone sometimes." Charlotte huffs, not even hiding her relief at the sound of Lydia's voice from the other end. She won't admit, but she was getting kinda tired of hearing her voicemail. "Where are you? Stiles said he couldn't reach you, then it's just taken me about a gizillion times for you to answer and-"

"The Hospital. I'm at the Hospital." Lydia interjects, her voice almost frantic. Charlotte stops dead in her tracks, her eyebrows furrowing as worry takes over her confusion.

"Okay..." Charlotte trails slowly. Leaning on the heel of her foot, Charlotte turns back the way she came, immediately retracing her steps to get to her girlfriend faster. "What's wrong? Is someone with you?"

"No- Just... just Malia." Lydia exhales shakily. Charlotte goes to question Lydia, wondering why she sounds so scared when she's with the Coyote, but before The Hale could say anything, Lydia continues to speak, "Just get there quickly."

It takes no longer than a second for Lydia to hang up. Once again, Charlotte stops dead in the middle of the street, staring down at her phone with furrowed eyebrows. Her eyes linger on Lydia's name for a few short moments before the now human Hale starts phoning the Strawberry Blonde back. No answer. Three times. Still no answer. It takes over ten attempts before Charlotte pockets her phone in her jacket, now completely overwhelmed with worry.

"Charlotte." A voice mutters from right behind her, successfully scaring the wits out of The Hale.

"What in the Yazoo Milkshake- Braeden?" Charlotte whirls around, her eyes widening slightly in surprise at the sight of her older cousin's girlfriend. "Please tell me you know where we are?"

"You're about a mile from Beacon Hills..." Braeden trails, squinting her eyes slightly at the seventeen year old. Charlotte wordlessly purses her lips, not knowing whether to be impressed or concerned that she's walked so far. "What happened, Arlo?"

"Do you mind taking me to the Hospital?" Charlotte questions. "I'll pay you..? I only have about a quarter on me-"

"Why don't you just shift and run there?" Braeden interjects, cutting Charlotte from her ramble before she could even begin. "It'll take you about five minutes."

Charlotte scrunching her nose slightly, sheepishly smiles at the woman, "Yeah, about that..."

As soon as Charlotte had explained what's been happening in Beacon Hills the past few months and that she's now human, the mercenary didn't think twice about taking Charlotte back to Beacon Hills on her motorbike. It's only on the drive back that Braeden had told Charlotte that she was on her way back to Beacon Hills anyways for Malia. Cue for Charlotte to jokingly admit that she's apparently 'hurt' for Braeden only coming back for Malia.

"Do you hear that?" Braeden whispers, quietly and slowly withdrawing a smaller gun from its holster at her side and handing it to Charlotte. The seventeen year old stops, staring down at the gun with wide eyes, a smile slowly appearing on her face. "Arlo!" Braeden hisses, grabbing the teen's attention. "Focus."