Mason and the Minish Door, Chapter 3

WARNING: the upcoming chapter features gross elements that originate from Conker's Bad Fur Day. If you know that game, you know what to expect. Feel free to skip to the next chapter to avoid the grossness.

Chapter 3: Monster of the Sewers

Dimalanta Household

"Okay, let's cut to the chase." Rachel started as they all gathered in Matt and Yin's room, standing around Chris, who still held the tiny Panini and Cheren on his pinky finger. "How did you two get like that?"

Chris held the two close to his ear as their tiny voices cried out. "The magic door in the forest!!"

"They said it was a magic door in the forest."

"You think you could help us find where it is?" Aurora asked. The duo nodded.

"That still doesn't tell us where Mason and Sheila are." Leanne stated with worry. "I sure hope they're okay."

"Well, as long as they have each other," Rachel began, "I'm sure they'll be just fine."

Virginia Sewers

Stage 2: Sewer Adventure

Mission: Find a way out of the sewers and get back home!

Mason and Sheila continued progressing through the vast sewers, not having gotten too far considering their height, looking around at all the pipes that spewed waterfalls from high above them. "Man, this place is so big... it'll take forever to find the one we came out of." Mason said. "And even if we do, how are we even gonna climb back up?"

Mason was suddenly stopped by Sheila. "Oi, look, Mason!" the child excitedly pointed far ahead as a trio of giant red and black dung beetles grabbed some waste out of the river and flew up into a hole that was high up on the brick wall.

"Were those... dung beetles?" Mason asked, disgustedly.

"Oi bet they can help us! Le's go after them!"

"Ohhh..." Mason was already feeling sick to his stomach. (Play "Pooland" from Conker's Bad Fur Day!)

The two quickly headed to the wall the dung beetles flew up. The hole which they flew in was many stories above them. However, there was a long, gaping curved crack in the wall that seemed to lead up there. Mason and Sheila went into the crack and began jumping their way up the many giant bricks to get up there, and Sheila also helped them fly a couple ways up. When they had made it to the top, they proceeded to enter the tunnel, the powerful smell of sewer waste still reaching their noses. They moved slowly and crouched behind a doorway as they spied into some room, watching as those three dung beetles sat around a table and drank tea.

"Ahh, don'tcha just love it when some kid gets 'imself stuffed with meat?" one of the dung beetles asked.

"Crikey! Talking dung beetles!" Sheila exclaimed before running inside.

"Sheila, wait!" Mason tried to stop her, but couldn't.

"Blimey! You blokes are the biggest dung beetles I've ever seen!" she exclaimed with amazement.

"'ey, who the heck are these guys?" the first one asked.

"Duh, they're some weird-lookin' bugs, Razza." The second one said in a dimwitted tone.

"Hey, hang on, they ain't bugs. They're brats!" the third one pointed out.

"What? But aren't humans supposed to be... I dunno, taller?" the first one, Razza asked.

"We... had a little accident." Mason stated sheepishly, scratching his head.

"Ehn, just who are you brats?"