The Son of Evil, Chapter 3: Mom's the Word

Lessee if we can straighten this out!

Chapter 3: Mom's the Word

Drilovsky Household

Fanny Drilovsky worriedly stood at her kitchen counter as she stirred the boiling soup before her. "Ah sure hope this thing is for real." She spoke quietly. "Thanks for coming over to help, Mika."

"Anytime, Fan." The Filipino woman smiled, walking over with a bottle of hot sauce. "Where'd you get the recipe for this, anyway?"

"Oh, Shaunie got it from the Mushroom Kingdom. He decided ta give it to me 'cause he knows I love to cook. Pretty sweet, actually. Anyway, what we're makin' is supposed to be Spicy Soup. Now that we treated her injuries, she'll need something spicy to get back on her feet. Perfect for the reckless firebender. I also made her this Fresh Juice." She held up a small glass of juice.

Francis walked in shortly after to watch his mother finish stirring. "That should do it." Fanny said.

"Mind if I take it up?" Francis asked.

"Sure. Just be careful, Francis. It's hot." Fanny placed the hot bowl on a towel and handed it to Francis as he carefully held it in his open right palm, and took the Fresh Juice in his left hand as he carried the items upstairs.

"You don't really think Cheren would do this, do you?" Mika asked.

"It does seem awfully suspicious."

"He never really did seem the type to do that. Thatsh almosht ash random ash me."

"Don't be silly." Fanny remarked.

Upstairs, Panini remained unconscious as her brother arrived in her room with the soup and juice. "You okay there, Sis?"

"Ohhh..." she moaned.

"Eat this and you'll feel better. Hopefully..." With that, he placed the edge of the bowl by her mouth and tipped it so that the steaming soup would slowly flow inside. "And here's somethin' to wash it down..." He grabbed the Fresh Juice and bent the tiny straw before sticking it in her mouth. Panini weakly sucked on it and swallowed the juice.

Panini released a light yawn as she slightly opened her blackened eyes. "Francis?... What's going on?"

"Don't worry. Cheren's being dealt with. We'll get you better soon."

"Cheren?..." She suddenly began to remember. "No! It wasn't Cheren that attacked me."

"What? Then who?"

"He...He looked just like him. But his eyes... they were different. They... were full of malice."

Francis gasped and punched his palm in anger and realization. "A Negative."

Sector V C.O.O.L.-B.U.S.

"You just can't stay put, can you, Bro?" Aurora asked as the team was flying back toward Virginia.

"I don't know what your problem is, Dude, but attacking my dad, Mr. Crystal, and Ms. Wickens isn't cool." Dillon told him.

"Guys, it wasn't ME! It was my Negative!" Cheren tried to say.

"He's telling the truth." Lin followed. "I saw him with my own two eyes."

"And who are you again?" Artie asked.

"I'm Lin, Toph's daughter. You know, the strongest earthbender in the Avatar Realms?"

"'old on. If he's your Negative, what would he be doing here?" Sheila asked.