Nextgen Intro: The Murphy Kids

This next session will highlight the Murphy kids. Zach and Maddy were created by Numbuh 227, who requested the general plot lines of these segments.

Drowning

"Ahhh, Hotel Delfino." Gwen Murphy sighed as she, her husband, and their three-year-old kids stood before the entrance of a fancy hotel overlooking the sea. "The smell of the ocean, comfy rooms... and being away from home where Nolan's all crazy with his Sandman II crud."

"Didn't this use to be a restaurant?" Doug asked.

"Yeah, but they remade it into a hotel to make more money."

"Didn't the last restaurant that did that end up collapsing?"

"Ehh... these people aren't as cheap. Anyway, let's go get signed in. Come on, kids."

As the parents walked in, Maddy was about to follow them, but watched as her twin brother walked away into the bushes. "Zaaach! We're supposed to stay with ouw pawents!"

"Come on, Mad! What's the point of vacation without a little fun?"

Maddy spared one quick glance to her parents and yelled, "Waait!", chasing after her brother.

Maddy followed her brother down a steep slope to a rocky shore that overlooked the sea. "Zach, I weally think we should-" Maddy stopped when she bumped into her brother from behind.

"Whooa. Look at that, Maddy." Zach said, pointing ahead. Standing along the rocks, overlooking the sea, was a mysterious woman with dark-purple hair and a purple, slick gown.

"Is that Misses Wicken?" Maddy asked.

"Why would she be hewe? Let's go closer."

"Zach, wait!" Maddy chased her brother again.

The strange woman spared a glance to her left to see the kids approaching. She smirked and chuckled to herself as she walked further ahead, disappearing over the other side of the hill. Zach and Maddy made it onto the hill where she stood, overlooking a cliffside where waves brushed strongly against the cliff. "Whewe did she go?" Maddy asked.

"I dunno." Zach walked closer toward the edge and called out. "Hellooo?"

Maddy walked beside her brother and yelled, "HELLOOO?"

The woman quietly stood behind them, smirking to herself as her hair began to wave around. One of her hair strands stretched out along the ground like a snake, slithering closer and closer to Maddy as it...

"AHHH!" The snaky hair shoved the unsuspecting child over the ledge.

"MADDY!" Zach tried to grab her arm, but Maddy fell and splashed in the water. "Whuh-" Zach noticed the snaky hair beside him and turned as it retracted into the woman's hair. "Hey!" Before his eyes, the woman vanished in a puff of dark smoke.

"Zaaaach!"

Zach gasped and looked over the edge, watching as his sister was washed away by the current. "Maddy!"

"Help! I can't swim-" Her sentence was cut short as she was pulled directly under the water, and Zach gasped in fright. Under the water, Maddy waved her arms and desperately tried to help herself back above the surface, but was pulled down by some curly thing around her legs. She looked down and noticed that same woman smirking up at her while she dragged Maddy down using her hair-tentacle.

Zach was horrified as he watched bubbles emerge from where his sister had sunk, struggling to think straight. "Zach!" He turned as his mother and father hurried over. "What're you doing, where's Maddy?" Gwen asked quickly. Zach frightfully pointed to where the bubbles were coming from. Gwen immediately sucked in a breath and dove beneath the surface, and the boys looked with worry if they would come back up. To their relief, Gwen emerged from the water, holding Maddy tightly in her arms. Doug helped his wife back onto land as she rested Maddy on the ground, the child shivering with fear.