The Gang, Chapter 1

Welcome to the 4th story of the Viridi Saga. This story introduces a brand new future kid to the Nextgen Series, and one of my favorites.

Chapter 1: The Gang

Heartly Household

It was relatively quiet outside today. The day was rather sunny as a car pulled into the driveway of the home. The grown, married woman, Kami Heartly stepped out of the car and proceeded to open the trunk. A dozen bags and such of groceries cluttered the trunk as Kami hauled a couple into her arms, struggling with them as she carried them to her front door.

Inside the house, the sounds of piping loud music and rock-and-roll ruined the quietness of the outside. Up in her room, a young girl with very short, blond hair and a black baseball cap relaxed on her bed, nodding her head to the music. The girl wore a black, sleeveless shirt that exposed her bellybutton, thin, black pants that cut off around the ankles, black socks, and had spiked wristbands. Her black shoes were lying turned over on the floor, and she also had a black collar around her neck.

Once Kami entered the house, the sound of this loud music met her ears as she set the groceries on the floor, stopping to catch her breath. "KIMAYA, dear! Can you help with the groceries?"

Upstairs, the girl continued nodding to the music, her eyes closed as she totally ignored the woman's call.

Kami, realizing she wasn't coming down, sighed and followed the music upstairs to the girl's room. "Kimaya?" she called as she opened the door to the room, decorated with stereos and posters of gothic-like bands, poisons, and other such things. She found the child still ignoring her as she nodded to the music. Kami rolled her eyes and immediately entered to push the button and turn the stereos off.

Kimaya Heartly ceased her nodding and opened her emerald-green eyes to look up at her mother. "Yo, Mom, what gives?"

"I need help unloading the groceries."

"So, git Dad to do it."

"Dad isn't home. So, if you want your supper, I'd suggest you help." Kami stated as she was about to head downstairs.

"Pssh, I want YO' supper..." Kimaya mumbled.

"What was that?"

Kimaya sighed, "Nothing." and got up from bed to go downstairs with her mother.

Cleveland Train Station

The train station was bustling with people as a train pulled in and stopped precisely at its point. Crowds and bunches of people piled out, the last one being a strange, slim man with black, slick clothing, silvery white hair, a very long, silver mustache that stretched around 20 centimeters, in which both sides were bent at an angle, black shoes in which the sharp toe-ends were curled upward, white gloves, and a monocle on his left eye. If that didn't make him sound like he stood out from the crowd enough, perhaps the fact that his skin was a bluish-purple will.

"Mmm, I say, that sun is awfully bright." The man said in a low, British accent, using his right hand to block his view of the sun from his face. "Regardless, this seems to be a fairly nice town."

"Remember the mission, Arlon." A female voice spoke through his communicator in his ear. "You can't let anyone know who you are."

"Why, of course I do, Mistress Viridi. Why, what we need is a serene, subtle approach. I shall not fail you, I shall promise you that."

"I should hope not."

The slim man reached in his pocket and pulled out a circular locket, which had a mysterious design of the crescent moon. The man stared at the locket for a while before hiding it in his pocket, then proceeded to make his way through the crowds of people, while uttering, "Oops, so sorry, my good fellow," "Ahh, bonjour, my good sir," and "Wonderful weather, eh wot?" As he walked away from the huge crowds, his eyes brimmed an eerie red.