Operation: SCARY, Chapter 8: Happy Holidays

Alright, everybody! Let's finish this story once and for all!

Chapter 8: Happy Holidays

Gallagher Elementary Auditorium

The auditorium was quiet at Gallagher Elementary. The audience of vampires and other monsters sat and watched patiently within the pitch-black darkness. Jack O'Lantern walked upon stage as a spotlight lit up his appearance. "Thank you all for coming. Today, we witness what will be history's most memorable union. The marriage... of Count Dracula... and Countess Danika."

The audience applauded as Jack stepped aside. The spotlights shone on the center as the floor opened up. Smoke was released as a roulette wheel rised from below, and Danika Anderson was cuffed to it. Her head was hung down as Count Dracula walked upon the stage. The Vampire Lord approached his would-be wife and touched a finger to her chin, making her look up. "My beloved..." he grinned evilly.

"Hmph." She turned away with her grumpy look.

"Vhat is wrong, my sweet?"

"Like I'd ever marry you. Some soulless demon like yourself. I only have one husband, and Nolan will send you back to your grave when he gets down here."

"Your faith is questionable. Nolan vas doomed before I had even anticipated this. Now chin up, dearie. You and I vill be very happy together. Allow me to sing... what has dwelled in my soul for oh-so very long." Jack O'Lantern played a piano as he spoke, and continued playing as Dracula began to sing upon the stage.

"Vhen I vas born in this vorld... knew I only pain and tears! My heart lay in sorrow... for hundreds of years. A beast I had become. Feeding off blood. Of innocent souls who vere as tortured as MINE. I lived in darkness! The cold of the night I knew only the sound of fear and fright. But lo and behold, a miracle! Warmth had entered my heaarrt! An angel! Black as night itself! A will stronger than Azelf! And I had decided... she must be mine now. I had to marry her. But alas, fate betrays me! For one already holds her! And so I knew... Not so soon that I vould be dating herrr..."

Dracula fell to his knees with a look of hopelessness. The audience, as well as Jack O'Lantern, began to drip tears.

"Ugh! Are they actually buying this garbage?" Danika said, disgusted.

"Just shut up and look pretty." Dracula ordered. Danika rolled her eyes.

Outside

The transporter dropped the heroes off just across the street from the school. Several monsters and vampires tried to attack them, but Scary Godmother launched spells to keep them away. "Crystal, Jack, we're going in to put a stop to this wedding." Nolan decided. The two nodded. "Dillon, you and your friends just stay with Scary Godmother and try and find someplace safe until this is over."

"Why can't I go in?" Dillon asked. "She's MY mom..."

"There's no guarantee we'll survive this battle."

"Even though we usually do." Crystal mumbled.

Nolan rolled his eyes, "But if we don't, I'm trusting you to keep everyone else safe. Just find someplace to hide, and... leave it all to me."

Dillon thought for a second, then nodded. "Okay, Dad. I know you'll come back to us!"

Both groups split up as Nolan, Jack, and Crystal headed for the school. Before they could get enter the front doors, a vampirized Teen Tornado jumped in their way. The vampire snarled and hissed, and the team of three readied for battle. But suddenly, a sword flew over and penetrated the vampire's side. They looked to their left as Mario Ramsey rolled toward them in his wheelchair. "Ya gotta love it when convenient crap like this happens."