Scorched Wings, Chapter 2

Admittedly, I didn't have many ideas for this story and couldn't drag it out that long. I doubt people will like the way this ends, but I won't be relying on conclusions like this too much in later stories.

Chapter 2: Help From the Gods

KND Moonbase

"I have analyzed the battle as you requested, Master Cheren." Fi began as Cheren and company regrouped at the Moonbase. "It seems you were correct in your assumption of Phosphora's weakness. Data shows that Phosphora bares the Lightning Sash, a powerful item that can grant one immense power over lightning. The scarf was designed by the Goddess of Nature, Viridi long ago. She channeled her natural powers over lightning into what it is now, granting said item to her commander, Phosphora. Also, anyone who is greatly struck by the power of the Lightning Sash may find themselves nearly immobile for extended periods of time."

"And every time she uses her power, the scarf gets a little shorter." Haylee remembered.

"I get it." Artie said. "Like any electrical item, if it uses too much power for too long, it'll eventually cease to work. It won't be much of anything unless Phosphora takes it back for a recharge."

"And that's why Phosphora gets a little weaker every time we fight her." Aurora deduced. "That means we oughta attack now while she's still charging!"

"And you were mad at Cheren for wanting to attack her so much?" Chris remarked.

"With further data analyzed, Master," Fi spoke, "striking her directly may not be so simple. With so much energy wasted, Phosphora will likely not come out from her hiding place until her charge is complete. She is currently residing in her floating temple base, deep within the clouds referred to her as the 'Moody Storm'. The endless sea of violent clouds makes it difficult for enemy aircraft to pass through. There is an 89% chance any one of your ships may be destroyed by lightning without the necessary piloting skills."

"So Phosphora's basically safe within the storm..." Mason figured.

"Perhaps. However, if there were an airbender leading the route, they could use their abilities to drift clouds away from the path, and perhaps prevent them from striking lightning."

"Then I guess it's all up to us." The group of operatives turned as Sector W suddenly entered the office.

"Prithee, I am not afraid of a minor storm." Fybi smirked.

"Fybi!" Panini exclaimed. "You're all right!"

"Verily! O-K and am ready to learn Phosphora her lesson!"

"But... Fybi, your wings are still broken." Cheren reminded, noticing Fybi's wings were still brown and shriveled. "You won't be able to navigate through if you can't fly."

"Pray, whom sayest I canst not fly, when I hath this!" Fybi then pulled out a jetpack, like the ones decommissioning ops wear.

Aranea stood beside Fybi and gave a wide grin. "Technology saves the day!"

"We'll just fly into the storm, break into Phosphora's base, and bring that hag down!" Anthony declared.

"I dunno, Anthony." Cheren replied. "I'm not sure if I wanna risk that. I already got Nebula sent to the infirmary, I don't wanna risk my cousin."

"Come on! Didn't I just save your life a few days ago when I was only one inch tall?"

"He's got a point." Sally shrugged.

"Cheren, if we could take down that Cragalanche freak, we could totally take Phosphora!" Anthony insisted. "And Fybi's the best flyer there is. No one else'll be able to navigate that storm."