Scorched Wings, Chapter 1

Hel-lo, everybody. Here begins a new Nextgen story, starring Viridi's new minion. To start off, play "Lightning Battle" from Kid Icarus: Uprising!

Chapter 1: Lightning Battle

KND Armada

"Kids Next Door, BATTLE STATIONS!"

The KND Armada took off into the cloudy, stormy skies, engaged in a fierce battle against Viridi's Forces of Nature. Two Lurchthorns flew beside Sector V's C.O.O.L.-B.U.S., but Sheila charged some Light Spheres and began shooting them at each individual eye. The C.O.O.L.-B.U.S. also absorbed some shots, gaining enough energy to create a shockwave and blow the bonefish away.

"ATTACK, my children!" Viridi's holographic image commanded. "Eliminate ALL of these brats!"

Zach and Maddy flew ahead of the armada on jetpacks as a squadron of Nutskis came, and the Decommissioning Officers easily shot down the acorn creatures. A squad of Mahvas appeared ahead and created a barrier to protect other Nutskis as they fired acorns. However, Sunni and Darcy Chariton flew by, standing on a S.P.R.A.Y.S.H.I.P. piloted by Francis, and the psychicbenders launched Psycho Spheres to wipe out the barriers, allowing the operatives to wipe out the troops.

"The battle's looking good from out here." Panini reported to Cheren in their flagship.

Cheren put on a confident smile as he spoke, "Alright, troops, keep attacking, and we'll have Viridi banished again!"

"Grrrr! That's what you think!" Viridi yelled from her throne. "We'll see how you fair against my commander! Phosphora, STRIKE them! Avenge Cragalanche and DESTROY them!"

As the KND ships kept attacking, a woman in a long, blue, electrical scarf suddenly zapped in front of them, taking them out in a flash of lightning. "Yes, you called?" she taunted.

"Who is that??" Cheren exclaimed.

"That must be the commander." Panini figured.

"Soldiers, take her out!" Cheren commanded.

Sunni and Darcy attempted to throw Psycho Spheres at the woman, but she zipped behind them as quick as lightning and induced them with electrical zaps, causing the sisters to fall over and plummet to the ground. "Oh, no." Francis moaned, quickly flying down to their aid. Sector V flew for Phosphora and launched missiles, but the woman zipped away and appeared beside their ship. Sheila and Chris tried shooting a Light Sphere and fireball, but she zipped away. She appeared by Mason and Haruka's side as the two poisonbenders coughed Gas Bombs, but the lady easily avoided. She zipped to the front of the ship, shooting lightning through the windshield and giving Artie a painful shock.

"Aagh!" the pilot grunted. Phosphora suddenly zipped behind the ship, dealing her electricity to the C.O.O.L.-B.U.S.'s engines. The ship began spiraling out of control.

Phosphora blew the smoke from her fingers, dodging before a laser could strike her. She looked as Zach and Maddy flew her way on their jetpacks, the woman dodging before they rammed her. The two officers desperately tried to shoot the lightning-fast woman, but Phosphora was too quick, dodging left, up, down, right, back, and then zipping out of thin air. As the two officers searched around for her, Phosphora zipped behind them, touching their jetpacks, and dealing a horribly painful shock that covered them in soot. The jetpacks shorted out, and Phosphora released them to let them fall toward the ground. "Mmm-BYEEE!"

Viridi's Lair

"Mmm, I say." Arlon observed as he stared into Viridi's crystal ball, watching this battle. "Phosphora puts up quite the show, eh wot?"