Code: XANA, Chapter 2: No Glitches Allowed

Okay, welcome back to another Code: XANA!

Chapter 2: No Glitches Allowed

Moonbase Audience Chamber

Dillon rematerialized out of the H.E.A.D.-S.E.T., seated back on the chair in the auditorium as he unhooked the device from the Code Module and stood up. "Dillon, what're you doing in here?" Dillon lightly flinched at Cheren's voice, seeing his Supreme Leader enter the chamber with Zach and Maddy by his sides. "And what's the Code Module doing here?"

"He was probably using it to steal information and give it to the villains." Maddy replied smugly.

"I was using it to test something in my new H.E.A.D.-S.E.T., thank you." Dillon stated with a glare.

"Well, could you test something else?" Cheren asked, taking the Code Module back. "With a war going on, we need to make sure this thing stays protected at all costs.

"If you want a safe place, why don't you take that thing down to GUN's base." Zach said. "They're a decent bunch of people. Keep it safe from all these metahumans."

"That's enough, you two." Cheren told them. "Now, I want you to fly down to Dr. Facilier's workshop and see if he figured out what kind of dust that was you guys found after that Spidermankey went down."

"Ew. I'd rather visit the REAL circus." Maddy replied.

"Come on, guys, be serious. We need to do anything and everything we can to see if Viridi has any weaknesses. Not to mention finding her hiding place. And Dillon, this Code Module stays in its safe, okay?" With those last orders, Cheren took the Code Module out of there.

"Meh. I need to get home, anyway." Dillon said to himself as he proceeded to exit the massive chamber after them.

KND Cyber Network

A keyboard was extracted from the robotic XANA's chest, and the skinny Program was searching through a list of 4x4 and 2x4 weaponry on his face-screen. "Grrnn! Nothing!" XANA yelled, his face becoming a real face again as he sheathed his keyboard. "Nothing at all about the H.E.A.D.-S.E.T.."

"Maybe you just imagined it." Vanellope retorted.

"Oh, shut up, girl. You know it's real, he said so. Argh, but how can such a device be seen nowhere in the Kids Next Door's files? It truly is one of a kind." XANA looked away and thought out loud to himself. "A device with no imprinted background that can allow mankind into our world. With no records, I must gain information on it. Such an intricate device may contain... the secret."

"The almighty code you've been whining about to get yourself out of this prison-"

"NOT THAT, FOOL!" XANA yelled straight into her face. "Well, that is one thing, but...", he said in a calmer tone, starting to pace around the child, "What I had in mind was... The Source."

"Blech! You want TOFU?"

"Not TOFU! The Source to all things virtual and computerized." XANA explained with a maniacal grin. "The entity which brought our very world into existence. Everything Program you see in here, every virtual body, originated from that one Source." His grin became more wide, his expression more devious as his robotic hands rubbed together. "With that source in my fingertips, I will be able to shape the reality that makes up our world. I will be able to control ALL networks. And, by doing so, I will be able to shape the human world as well."

"How will the Source of all computer things help you take over the REAL world?" Vanellope asked.

"Humans rely too much on technology these days." XANA responded. "Too fixed on computers. With me in control, the humans will go mad. They will have to submit to my rule, like the inferior beings they are. I will control all, and Programs will dominate the Earth."