Code: XANA, Chapter 1

Hello, everybody. Welcome to the 8th story of the Viridi Saga.

Chapter 1: Virtual Paradise

Sector V Treehouse

It was a rather boring day with everyone's favorite sector. With no calls for missions, everyone was merely doing whatever. The quietness was broken when Dillon York suddenly kicked open the door, a positive, excited look on his face. "Oh-hoo, yeah!! Did we show it to Drac last night or what?!"

Dillon's smile disappeared when nobody seemed to be listening.

"Come on, guys! Show a little more enthusiasm! That guy wasn't easy to beat!"

"Okay, we get it, Dillon, he's gone now." Chris told him, his eyes focused on his 3DS. "But some of us are a little worn out."

"Um... hehe." Dillon chuckled nervously. "Okay then." The shadowbending boy then approached Chris on the couch, staring over his shoulder to see him playing Sonic Colors. "Um... can I play?"

"Maybe later, Dillon. This level's a little tricky."

Dillon watched a bit longer. "...Oh, I remember this part! Let me try, I know a little trick!"

"Er, let me just try and finish first."

"Come on, Chris! Just Boost here, and then jump right about-" As he spoke, Dillon tried to pull the device away from Chris's hands.

"Stop! You're going to mess me-" Chris was too late as Sonic ended up dying.

"Oops..." Dillon blushed.

"Ugh! Can't you go bug somebody else, Dill?" As Chris attempted to retry the level, Dillon walked away sadly.

He saw Mason and Sheila at the breakfast table, getting drunk on cans of Purple Flurp. "I-I think y-you should... get those curls in your... a-ear hair." Mason said drunkily.

"Ahh, shucks, ya old... mmm, BELCH, party snatcher. You speakin' da... mm-mm, lickin'."

"Umm..." Dillon nervously approached them. "So, what're you guys doin'?"

"Havin' a drinkin' contest, what's it look like, ya... mmm, ding-dot?" Sheila replied.

"Well... can I have one with you?"

"Noo, no... we're, BLEEHHH!" Sheila barfed and fainted.

"Sorry, Dillon, but- BLEEHHH!" Mason fainted, too.

Dillon only stared oddly before leaving the two.

The shadowbender walked to Aurora's room, finding the Sector Leader filling out papers. "Hey, Aurora. Wanna do something?"

"Not now, Dillon. I still need to fill out mission specs for that Candy Pirate business. Been holding it off since Halloween."

"Come oon. Can't you do those later?"

"Sorry, Dillon. Maybe go ask somebody else." With a glum look, Dillon decided to leave her to her work.

Dillon's next stop was the Gilligan Triplets' room, finding the three fixing up some kind of machine. "Hey, guys! Whatcha doin' in here?"

"Building a matter transporter so we don't always have to fly everywhere." Haylee replied.

"Cool! Can I help?"

"It's pretty complex stuff, Dillon." Harry told him.

"Come on, I bet I'd be great!" Dillon approached an open slot in the machine, where plenty of wires were sticking out. "You just attach this wire to that one, and..."