Operation: SCARY, Chapter 3

Well, let's see how this curse effects everyone. Yeah, in this chapter, we make no real progress. It's just showing off everyone in their new Halloween forms.

Chapter 3: Insanity of Inhumanity

Viridi's Lair

The childlike Goddess of Nature excitedly dressed like a witch, holding a pumpkin basket as she looked at her crystal ball. "Ahh, Halloween! One of my favorite holidays. Do you know why, Arlon?"

"Mmm, children dressing up as little monsters as they go from house to house, getting free candy?" the butler replied.

"Um, no. It means that autumn's beginning! When leaves change color, and plummet to the ground, as the winter approaches. And all the weak-willed humans SUFFER from the cold, ahh ha ha ha ha!"

"Mm, yes, yes, no one likes the cold." Phosphora replied, smoothening her nails as usual. "But Halloween's looking to be a little different this year. Check it out."

Viridi raised a brow and looked at her crystal ball. She watched as the beam of greenness shot into the sky, raining down tiny lights of green as they transformed everybody into their respective costumes. "Well, THAT'S... unnatural."

"Yes, it appears some Underworld outlaws are up to no good." Arlon observed. "They've brought a nightmare of reality to Halloween. And what's more than that, they've even gone as far as to tamper with the moon. I thought my Lunar Locket went missing when those brats defeated me."

"Uugh. Can't you get sent to prison without losing something ONCE, Arlon?"

"Mmmy apologies, Mistress Viridi." Arlon bowed.

"You know, I think I've seen a curse like this before." Phosphora said. "Transformation spells come with us a price. The people become so adapted to their new form, they lose all sense of what they were supposed to be."

"Is that so?" Viridi asked, looking at her crystal ball with interest. "Hmmmmm..."

Nightmare Land Dungeon

The Oogie Boogie Man continued to hang from chains from the ceiling by his wrists, his head held down in boredom. "W-Whuh?" he shot his head up at the sound of the dungeon doors creaking open, seeing a rather chubby figure with wolf legs approach him. The Boogie Man's eyes widened when the figure pulled out a metal skull on a chain. He launched the chain forward as the skull snapped its jaws, the Boogie Man closing his eyes in fright. In an instant, Oogie dropped to the ground, his shackles having been broken as the skull returned to its owner. "Well, Ah'll be jiggered... WHO are YOU?"

The chubby being stayed in the shadows as he spoke. "Someone who's tired of being the lower Nightmare."

"Oh? Mmmmm..." Oogie smirked with delight.

Sweet Revenge

"Boss! Look at all the pretty lights." Dumb John Silver goofily smiled as he watched the green lights slowly drift from the sky.

"Yarr, that's strange." Stickybeard observed. "Where do these lights be comin' from, mateys?"

"Yar, methinks it be the work of an omen brewing, Boss." a pirate replied.

"Well, whatever the case may be, it won't put an anchor on our plunderin'. Let's grab our first sack o' the night, boys. I see a couple o' scallywags right now."

The Sweet Revenge came to a halt as the Candy Pirates set foot on the ground. Dumb John Silver looked ahead with fright as several green zombified children weakly limped along the streets as they moaned, drool dripping from their wide open mouths. "ZOMBIES! AAAHH!"