Operation: SCARY, Chapter 1: This Is Halloween

HELLO, peeps! It's Halloween Month, so you know what that means!

Chapter 1: This Is Halloween

Nightmare Land

The morning sun was rising over the mid-space realm of Nightmare Land. Actually, Nightmare Land didn't have a technical sun, but it was morning nonetheless. The monstrous citizens of the town were up and about, all piling into the Fear Factory which belonged to their renowned king, Darkrai the Second. As everybody piled through the town, the Nightmare citizens sang a song.

Boys and ghouls of every age

Wouldn't you like to see something strange?

Come with us and you will see!

It's our town of Hallo-weeen!

The citizens all gathered into an auditorium, taking seats as lights lit up upon the stage. Customer Service sat at a piano, ready to play, as Darkrai's form appeared in the center, alit by a spotlight as he took a bow, a cane in his right hand, and a top-hat on his thin head. He tilted his head back up as he began to sing.

"Friends. It is, with great honor, that I say, Thank you all for coming. Today. Most joyous of all days. No one would want to miss, This most momentous of all days... Today.

"Erm... couldn't I think of anything else that rhymes with 'day'?" the king asked, flipping through a list of words. "Um, anyway!" He tossed the list away as he began walking back and forth upon the stage on his stubby legs.

"Today. Is. Halloween! Everybody make a scene! Trick or treat 'til the neighbors die of fright! For tonight! Is the one night a year, To go spread our fear. Without having worries of humanly queries. No nightlights, no stuffed bears. Not even full moon! We're FREE to roam the Earth! To nighttime from noon!

"Eh, Customer?" The spotlights shown onto Darkrai's assistant, who began to sing and play his piano.

"That's right there, Big Boss! This day, we cannot have loss. As kids eat candy and hurl, We put them in a scary swirl! And all, their, dreams, let them see, What this holiday MEEEEAAANS!"

More spotlights shone upon the stage, making Jar Jar Blinks' presence known to the audience as he began to dance around the stage.

"Hewwo. Good day. Can me-so come to play? Weally? I can? Well, le's get down to hand! I-sa... Me-sa named Jar Jar Blinks! I-sa goes with Da'ky, drinks the milky, scares the kiddies, until dey hardly dinks! I! Am! Me-sa Blinks, cannot dinks, and play tidily winks! I here to party... Ha'ween wit' you!" He jabbed fingers toward the audience. "And I has a dead body, too!" He held up the headless skeleton of Legion.

"Jar Jar!" Darkrai yelled. "I told you to get rid of that thing 20 years ago!"

"Awwww." Jar Jar was disappointed.

Meanwhile, deep within the dark dungeons of the factory, Oogie Boogie hung by his "wrists" by a chain from the ceiling, dangling over the floor as a row of hanging skeletons beside him bounced back and forth on his sides. He held an aching scowl as he listened to the singing.

"Well, well, well. What have we here? Nightmares and human children... having fun and cheer! They 'noy me. They ache me. I don't know which is worse. I might just split a seam now... if I don't die... from a headache FIRST!"

Oogie's head swelled up, until-

POP!

Up on stage, Darkrai continued to sing and dance. "We must be slick, Go out and trick, All the kids we can! But not to harm, It's really a charm, the fear across the land!"