Mason and the Minish Door, Chapter 4

This chapter underwent big edits so I could introduce a new character in this story, instead of a bad one-shot. XD

Chapter 4: Carol's Playtime

Dimalanta Household

By the time noon arrived the next day, all the house guests began to crawl around the floor, searching intently for the two missing kids. They heard the doorbell ring, and Matthew went over to answer it. "Hey, Angie! What brings you here?"

The woman in question was Angelie McKenzie, a thin young woman with light-brown hair, a green top with white shorts, and thin, but sturdy bare legs. "I received Rachel's text about the situation last night. I decided to get one of my old friends and bring her over. She says she might know a way to fix them."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Could you bring Cheren and Panini here?"

Matt sent the news to Rachel, and the Uno mother proceeded to bring the tiny kids in her hand. The duo waved up at Cheren's aunt Angie, who seemed rather adored. "Hm hm! Everyone, I'd like you to meet my friend, Chiri."

Angie held an open hand to Rachel's. Standing on it appeared to be a light-yellow, chipmunk-like woman. Her eyes were big, black, and beady, ears long, she wore a purple beret, and had a light-purple dress made of grass blades. "Hello, you two!"

"Whoa! What are you?" Cheren asked.

"Tehe! I'm a Minish! After your mom relayed the story to Angie, she suspected it was a Minish Door that shrunk you."

"A Minish Door?"

"They're magic doors that are only supposed to appear every hundred years. I'm not sure why one has appeared now, but you'll need my help to get it back open. Could you lead me to where it is?"

"Yeah!"

Angie carried them all to where the kids directed. Once at the door, she set them all on the ground. Chiri approached the little door and placed her hands to it, uttering some kind of incantation. Before their eyes, the swirling green vortex opened. "There! Now you'll be able to grow back!"

"You sure it's not just gonna make us smaller?"

"Hehe, you'll be as small as Gupna if that happened! But I promise you don't have to worry."

The kids took her word and entered the vortex. Angie picked Chiri back up, watching as the portal expanded to human size. It opened back up, and Cheren and Panini came stumbling out. "It worked! We're big, Panini!" Cheren embraced her in a hug.

"And Ay'm still bigger than ya!"

"Only by a few inches!" The two broke away and viewed the tiny woman on Angie's palm. "Thank you, Chiri. We really owe you one."

"It's my pleasure!" she replied in a tiny voice. "Now, what about these friends of yours? Have you found them?"

"No, but we should help get on that. Mason and Sheila have to see us looking for them. We just need to be careful not to overlook them."

...

Yin entered her daughter's room and saw Haruka lain depressedly on her bed. She sat on the bed, touching a hand to her shoulder. "What's wrong, Haru? Don't you wanna help look for your brother?"

"I don't think he wants my help..."

"Why not? Did you get in a big fight before they shrunk?"

"Well... not exactly, but... when I went out to look for them... I saw them... flying by my face. I didn't know it was them... so I squished them. Squished them like bugs! I know they're OK now, but... Mason needed my help more than ever, and I tried to kill him. He'll probably hate me for the rest of his life..."