🏒 Apple ⛸️

Walking down the stairs; all Xian could do was yawn, scratch his hair and wonder - 'How long was I asleep? Man! After Jun left, all I can remember was flopping down on the bed for some shut eye and next second it was already evening.'

As Xian made his way around the house without an ounce of clue as to where he should go, it was the sight of a tail wagging that made him stop and take out almighty's name.

Bear - no dog.

Just like in movies, the dog in front turned to face him slowly and all Xian could do was stand still. - 'Maybe if I don't move, it might think I am a piece of furniture and walk away.'

Nope. That wasn't happening.

Trotting happily towards our hero, Sahara just wanted the man to pet her, but Xian on the other hand seemed ready to flee any second. It was the smell of bacon that called to her senses and she found the delicacy more interesting than the man himself.

Seeing the bear - no dog - walk away, Xian sighed and was about to leave when he heard two voices. One was giggling and the other was warm and welcoming.

Curiosity got better of him and he peeked into the room. The giggling occupant was an old lady in her sixties whom Xian assumed was Ms. Lee.

The one with warm and welcoming voice was obviously Jun's. Xian was sad to see that the latter was now wearing a pair of sweat pants and t-shirt. Wait! The Tshirt had EXO symbol! This man is an Exo-l?

He must have made some sound, for all of them looked at his direction. Including that dog.

"Xian." Jun's voice was swoon worthy. "What are you doing by standing there? Come on in." He glanced down at Sahara and grinned, "She won't bite. She won't move. I promise. Come on in. Let me introduce you to Ms. Lee."

With some courage; Xian entered the room and greeted the older women present there. "Hello, my name is Wei Wuxian. Everyone calls me Xian. It's an honour to be here and I am extremely sorry for intruding and causing you more trouble for making me food."

Ms. Lee's eyes glittered with humour as she clutched her heart and smiled widely, "Such a sweet and perfect gentleman. Your parents must be so proud of you."

The moment she uttered those innocent words, a sharp pain rang through Xian's heart. This was noticed by Jun. He observed the sudden change in Xian's eyes. The light in his eyes dimmed out and was drowned in an unimaginable sadness. Jun did not like what he saw. He didn't know the other man, but watching him sad, made Jun feel strange kind of longingness.

"Ms. Lee, Xian would be staying with us for next few weeks. Kindly get to know all his preferences." Jun tried his best to change the situation. "Xian, Ms. Lee performs all the chores except washing your laundry. That has to be done by you."

Not one to waste an opportunity, Xian grasped it with two hands and gave his ever charming smile. "But obviously. I wouldn't want a lady to be burdened by my state of affairs."

"Do you always talk this way or is it some kind of special effects for chosen few?" Jun had to ask.

"I always try and melt the hearts of those who prepare my food. If not for them, I will starve."

Ms. Lee giggled at Xian's antics and smiled knowingly. "Then my dear Xian, you would have to melt Mr. Lan's heart. He's the one who mostly does all the cooking around here. I am sure he would love to hear your colloquial words."

Xian glanced from Ms. Lee to the man next to her. 'This man can cook? Surprise!'

"Well Ms. Lee; then I shall make it my mission to melt Azure's heart." Xian tried to make light of the situation, but in an instant he observed the two of them still.