🏒Stand Up Style⛸️

This style was used back when goalies had no masks. This is also used today for new goalies and goalies with wide pads. Pros: You cover up top. Easy to move in this style. Cons: On a deke... You won't get there in time.

(A/n: Instead of mentioning what Stand Up Style meant below; I have stated it here for you all to understand this chapter a lot easier. Plus, I have provided a video for you all to experience how the game is played.)

Jun's eyes were trained on Wei Ying and not once did it waiver

Jun's eyes were trained on Wei Ying and not once did it waiver. With just one thought in mind Jun bit his lips; 'One period is up; the end of second period was nearing and neither of the team had scored until now. After this there'd be 15 minutes intermission and then the third final period would commence. That would be ultimate the game changer. Wei Ying has to stop the opposite team from scoring if the game proceeds into an overtime. How long would you be able to keep up Wei Ying? You're almost exhausted.'

Jun could not stop worrying as he saw the younger man through the tinted glass windows of the VVIP room. At the moment there was no one here and this provided him exclusivity. He could fret and worry without thinking too much about other people. He could yell, cheer and bite his nails at every single save or bodily injury that Wei Ying received.

Somehow he knew all was not well with Wei Ying. Never having played a passive technique, it was taking quite a toll on him. 'Just a few more hours Wei Ying. Please endure.'

"He's playing well. If he can keep up with the opposite team's constant surge of attacks, he can even win this game. But it comes down to who can keep their cool until the very end." Jun was so engrossed with the game, he hadn't even heard someone standing next to him.

He was surprised to see it was him, the man from last evening who asked Wei Ying out for dinner.

"We haven't officially been introduced and I have been trying to get in touch with you for years. Mr. Lan Wangji, my name is Valentina Giovanni. It's a pleasure to finally meet you."

Accepting the handshake Jun cocked his head and enquired, "How did you know?"

"Well your brother and I have been good friends. Your work has always intrigued me but not once did Chen ever divulge in the secret as to why you quit the game. Nevertheless, I am glad to have had the opportunity to meet you here."

Jun had no words and all he could do was simply nod.

"You've been training Xian, haven't you?"

All he could do was nod again.

"Passiveness isn't his style yet he is able to keep up the game. If he wins these two games; there is nothing to stop Xian from entering the NHL."

"Xian is an exceptional player. I am sure he will win."

"Quite confident are we?" There was a subtle smile that played in the other man's lips. "But I do agree that Xian is an exceptional player. He always has been. Ever since I scouted him out, he has had my sole interest."