🏒Netminder⛸️

When tears dry up; all that is left behind are regrets.

'I need to be alone.'; Jun remembered those words of Xian as he had pleaded in a coarse voice. And he knew to give some semblance to Xian, he had to leave.

Subconsciously, Jun traced his own wrist and closed his eyes remembering a poem he read long ago; 'Scars that are deep often cannot be seen. When two souls meet; one cries and the other pleads.'

"Hello."

Jun was brought back from his melancholic thoughts and peered up to see it was Xian's sister.

Sahara was instantly on alert and at Jun's command, she eased next to him.

"Ms. Wang."

Jun was about to move when Kiara smiled and gestured him to stay. "Please be seated. And you can call me Kiara. Ms. Wang sounds way too official."

Jun gave her a polite smile as he continued to trace Sahara's mane.

"She's really pretty. What's her name and breed?"

"This is Sahara. Tibetan Mastiff."

"Can I touch her?"

Giving Sahara a scratch Jun shook his head, "You need to let her come to you. Once she is comfortable and allows you to approach, that would be an ideal situation to touch her."

"Has she always been with you?"

"I have had Sahara since she was a pup. She was a rescue. Her mother was owned by a breeder and did not treat her pups well. This beautiful girl was the only one who survived from the lot. The rescuers got in touch with me and the moment I laid my eyes on her, my soul knew she was meant to live with me. Now she is 6 years old."

"Seems you gravitate towards troubled souls Mr. Lan."

Jun did not miss her innuendo. Kiara had clearly indicated his understanding towards Xian and he did not with to deny that either.

Giving up his seat, even though there were many empty ones, Jun felt a bit odd sitting there idly and not being productive.

"Ms... Kiara; would you like coffee or tea? Dinner is almost ready but if you wish; I can get something light for you to munch?"

Nodding, Kiara answered with seriousness, "Beer."

Jun stopped in his tracks and glanced at the women sitting on his vacant seat.

"..."

Laughing out loudly she winked, "Don't mind me Mr. Lan; I am just joking. Tea would be great."

Shaking his head Jun sighed softly, "It seems to run in the family."

"Ah yes! We are weird that way."

With a small smile Jun made his way back to the kitchen and brought out his personal favourite, Indian Masala Chai.

"Wow! This smells lovely." Taking a sip, Kiara's eye instantly widened with pleasent surprise. "It's taste like piece of heaven too."

Nodding his head Jun took a sip of his tea too. Indeed piece of heaven.

"How is Xian?"

At Kiara's enquiry, Jun gazed into her sincere eyes and answered, "Professionally he is good-" Taking a pause, he wasn't sure if he could ask the next question. But for Xian to improve he needed some answers.

"Please don't hesitate. What was it that you wanted to ask?" This question was raised from behind. Glancing back, Jun and Kiara were surprised to see it was JC.