🏒Forward⛸️

Xian woke up to an empty bed and groaned when he felt the kinks below his knee. Years of practice definitely had taken toll on his legs. Pushing the blanket aside he yawned and glanced at the clock on the bedside table.

6:00am

Pinching his cheeks, Xian wobbled towards the bathroom and without thought opened the door; only to yelp and shut it back. Clutching his heart with one hand, the other refused to budge from the knob when a very naked Azure knocked from the other side.

"Ice! Are you alright?"

'No. No, I am not.' He wanted to yell back. 'What is Azure doing naked things in my bathroom?' Just as this thought occurred, Xian looked around and it dawned on him. 'This isn't my room. It was Azure's. Last night I slept here while we were conversing.'

Embarrassed by this fact, Xian quickly backed away and answered, "Um... I am... I am alright. Going back to my room now. Bye!"

'Bye? What the fuck was that?' Before Azure could respond Xian sprinted to his own bathroom and locked the door. Clasping the edge of the sink, he glanced at his own reflection on the mirror. Slowly memories from last night surfaced as he raised his hand and gently ran his fingers through his forehead. The exact place where Azure kissed him. Even he himself had dared to kiss Azure's scarred wrist.

'What are you doing Wei Ying?'; Xian asked his own reflection. 'You are in no position to fall in love; or make someone feel things for you.'

His heart knew; there was no lying that they both felt something for eachother; but he nor Azure were in mind frame to feel these emotions. Azure has his own battle and so did he. Wouldn't be fair if they got tangled up in web of emotions and both of them were unable to set themselves free.

Xian brushed his teeth and stood below the showerhead to clean all the dark thoughts shadowing his mind. 'I can't let my emotions get better of me. He needs someone who is stable; unlike a person who does not even have a bone of dignity left in him.'

Drying himself with a towel, Xian knotted it around his waist and got out just to shriek and clutch his heart once again.

On the bed was Azure who quickly covered his eyes and started apologising.

Everything happened in blurry seconds as Xian walked towards Azure to calm him down, when the other man in haste collided with the former and both fell down on the bed; with Azure on top of Xian. Pale eyes caught the dark charcoal ones as Xian felt Azure's minty breath against his neck and his own hand clasping the older man's waist.

It was only then the two of them realised Xian's towel that should have wrapped his package appropriately, had fallen down between their tug-of-war; and was bared for the world to see.

Instincts and years of tackling for game took over Xian and he pushed Azure away, only to jump down and cover himself with the towel.

"Ow!"

Hearing Azure's groan, Xian was quick to approach him again, but not before seeing if all of him was covered. Kneeling Xian asked, "Are you alright?"

"The fuck I am!"

Hearing Azure swear made Xian laugh out loudly, and soon Azure's frown turned into a smile.

"Language Mr. Lan! Language." Xian joked and went to check on Azure's leg.

"Oh yeah? After kicking my shin like Bruce Lee, your expect me to mind my language?"
Jun's eyes softened at the sight of Ice's concern. His heart melted when he saw the younger man gently massaging his shin.