🏒Finalé⛸️

Lan Zhan engulfed Xian in a warm hug. At this moment, it didn't matter if they were being watched. All that he wanted was to whisper words into Xian's soul. 

"You did it, Wei Ying. You achieved your dream."

Lan Zhan could feel Wei Ying's body tremor in his arms. The younger man was crying softly into his shoulders. The adrenaline was finally waning, and the latter just wanted to let it all out. 

"Wei Ying-"

"You came." It wasn't a question, and Xian still hadn't looked up. 

"How could I not be here? It was your final match. Although I missed the majority of it, but I saw your winning goal. Well done. Your sensei is very proud of you."

At that, Xian glanced up with a smile and tear-filled eyes. Next to join them was JC, who placed a warm hand on Xian's back and turned and gave him a hug. 

JC pulled Jun into a hug too, including him in a group hug, and soon the rest of their team joined them. 

Loud cheers were in order, and after a very long time, Jun got the chance to feel this atmosphere again. No words were exchanged; no one asked him any questions for now; they just accepted him. Periodt.

"Alright boys!" Chen grinned. "It's time for you all to freshen up and get back to the presentation ceremony, because after that, we have the whole night to partyyyyy!"

Chen's eyes met Jun's, and they were genuinely happy to see the latter. It has been years since Jun was a part of such clout. 

"The most valuable player award goes to Jiang Cheng!" Jessie announced it, and JC joined him at the podium

"Congratulations, Jiang Cheng; you are the one who has scored the most goals this season. What would you like to say?" 

"Thank you, Jessie. If it weren't for my team, which had faith in me, it would have been difficult to score. They trusted my instincts and judgements. I also had some wonderful assistance from our captain, and my biggest support will always be my brother, Xian." 

"What do you have to specifically say about the game today? The first half must have been worrisome."

"Yes, it was. We are all so attuned to playing with each other, so when it comes to defence, we always rely on Xian and Victor, with wonderful assists from Ken. They are a solid team back there. 

"Tonight, Ron played well too. For a rookie, I can see him going places. He saved many goals too, so it was best for us that we didn't have a wide gap to fill."

"Were you all confident that Xian would be playing in the final half?"

"Yes. That man breathes and survives purely on his game. We knew he had his reasons for getting delayed, and we were all confident he would join us.