🏒Ice Resurfacer ⛸️

"Wei Wuxian!?" Christian was as surprised to see Xian too. With a grin he came forward to give Xian a warm hug. "What are you doing here?"

"I am here with Jun. I could ask you the same! What are you doing here?" Xian's smile was genuine. He could not believe it was Christian who was standing in front of him.

"I am here with Jeff." Turning to call his fiance next to him; Christian continued, "I had informed you about the man I'm engaged to. This is him."

Xian was pleasantly surprised. "So this is your Jeff?"

Christian binded his arm around his fiance's waist and grinned, "Yep! Do you know him? No before that, how is it you're here and how do you know Ji?"

"Your Jun's friend?" Xian least expected the world to be this small.

"Oh yeah! I know him because of Jeff. Now answer my question!"

"Jun is mentoring me after my ban. Coach Chen and Uncle Ren thought this was in best interest for me."

It was sometime during their conversation when Xian felt Azure next to him.

"How do you know Christian?"

Xian glanced at Azure and he was sure the older man's question felt more authoritative than simple enquiry. 'Is he jealous? Does he think Christian was my partner?'

Before he could answer, it was Christian who replied, "Wei Wuxian has been an anonymous benefactor to my NGO. He has always been responsible in seeing after the upliftment of abused children and women."

"Hey! Not all credit goes to me." Addressing Jeff; Xian answered, "Years ago there was this case against a pedophile and Christian was the prosecutor for that case. It was first time we interacted. The child was someone I knew from my orphanage. However I could help with regarding any information he needed, I did.

"For next few years we kept in touch; and once he shared his dream to help those who suffered from domestic and other kinds of abuse. I knew his heart is in the right place, thus as and when possible I did my bit to help him."

"You did more than your bit Wei Wuxian, and you know it. If it weren't for you, many of them wouldn't have even found a second chance." Christian stated as a matter of fact.

"So this is Christian Kang?" JC chimed in. "I have heard a lot about you. Xi regards you with great respect."

"Christian, this is my brother Jiang Cheng. Some of the anonymous benefactor charities are from him too." Christian shook JC's hand with a warm smile.

Just then the doorbell rang and the food Azure had ordered from before was delivered. With hot food and warm talks, the evening progressed to reminiscing olden times.

All of them were seated around the couch after dinner and it was Jeff who finally asked, "As much as I loved knowing Chris and Xian's connection, Jun, why did you call us here today?"

And just like that the bile from before was back in full force. Xian evaded his gaze from JC. He knew out of everyone known to him, his ordeal would affect JC a lot.

"Jeff-"

Xian held Azure's hand who was sitting next to him. It was a silent plea to let him tell his own story.

Azure's eyes had just one question for Xian, 'Are you sure?'

Xian had to be. There was no going back. He still wasn't sure how Jeff would be of any help to them, but he believed Azure.

"Jeff, you and Christian are here because of me. Jun convinced me that you were the right person to help with this issue, as it's personal. So how best you can help, I am not sure, maybe you can throw in some light later, but I beleive Jun, and hence I will believe you too."