🏒 Phantom Assist⛸️

"You could give me a kiss." Both of their eyes widened and Jun realised he didn't mean to say it aloud.

'Oh good universe! What did I just say?' Jun was flabbergasted.

"I mean... I mean..." Jun stuttered like never before.

"..."

Watching Xian's impassive face; Jun hoped that the former would make some joke out of the situation like he always did. But this time Jun could not reason Xian's quiet nature.

'Say something... please.'

Nothing.

Just then from behind Jun heard someone clearing their throat and it was none other than JC!

'Oh no! Did he hear our conversation?'

Jumping up from his seat, Jun pasted a fake smile and ranted without much thought.
"Ah! JC. Ahem..." Glancing from Xian to JC who was sporting a small smirk; Jun cleared his throat, "Ah! Let me see if Ms. Lee is back. If she's returned, best I help her out with dinner. Hope you and Ms. Wang aren't allergic to any specific kind of food?"

Giving a fake nervous laughter; Jun was about to move away when his right foot stubbed against the leg of the lounge chair and he cursed the shit out.

"Language..." Xian mocked him and with wide eyes Jun's nodded.

"Yes. Language." Laughing meekly he quickly picked up their mugs and just then Xian pointed out, "I haven't finished my coffee yet."

Fuck!

"Oh yeah." Laughing nervously Jun kept back the mug down.

"How can I drink it? It's already cold." At Xian's comment Jun turned to look at him and picked up Xian's mug again.

A muffled laughter could be heard and Jun saw JC trying to reign it in. It was then it struck Jun that Xian was playing with him.

Fuck!

Straightening his back, Jun glared at Xian and saw a small smile playing at the corners of his lips. Without another word Jun marched out from there and was glad to find Ms. Lee in the kitchen. At the sight of Jun, Sahara came bounding for a pet and he was happy to see the two of them.

"Master Lan." Ms. Lee greeted him warmly.

"Ms. Lee; what did the doctor say?"

"Nothing to worry. It's just a baby. Needs constant monitoring. The doctor was asking if you really wanted to bring her here?"

Jun looked up from petting Sahara and gave a subtle nod. "Yes. It seems that Xian is quite fond of her."

"Are you sure it's all for Mr. Wei?" At Ms. Lee's question; Jun frowned but chose not to engage further on that issue.

"We have two guests staying with us."

"Mr. Lee informed me about them. After our appointment, I drove to the supermarket and bought all the necessary groceries."

Eyeing the contents Jun remembered about Ms. Wang's health and conveyed the same. "Ms. Lee; Xian's guest Ms. Wang is pregnant. So please take good care of her."

Ms. Lee's hands stilled and arched her eyebrows at Jun. "First Mr. Wei. Now his guests. Are you trying to impress the young man?"

"Wha... What do you mean?" Jun could not believe he stuttered for the second time in less than an hour.

Nodding her head as if understanding a particular unsaid statement, Ms. Lee gave him a sly smile.

"Ms. Lee-"