🏒Beauty ⛸️

"Tell me something about yourself that no one is aware of?"

At Jun's query Xian glanced and smirked. "Why the sudden interest?"

"Didn't you just say that I could ask you anything and you will answer?"

Grinning at the older man's retort Xian shook his head and commented, "Ass."

"Hey!"

Though there was no heat to his words; Xian did not miss Jun's narrowed eyes. At times he would act like a prude, and other times he would like a tiger waiting to be challenged. For Xian; this side of Jun really excited him.

"Poetry." Xian answered softly.

"Sorry?"

"I like poetry." Xian glanced back at Jun to find surprise written all over his face. "Due to my practice, I was constantly touring from one place to another. Attending school became quite laborious.

"I had basic formal education to make me eligible to join a professional team, but none of the subject enticed me to want more."

Turning back to look at the stars above, Xian remembered the day as if it was just yesterday.

"Three years ago we were in Toronto. After our match, the boys wanted to go out for few drinks. That was when I came across a poster for online classes for poetry.

"Next day I went in, enquired, the fees was affordable and the best thing was I could attend classes and give my exams from any part of the world."

When Xian didn't hear a word from the man beside him, he turned to find Azure's soft eyes peering intently on him.

"What?" For some reason the way Azure was looking at him, made him extremely self-aware and a little bit shy.

"What made you love poetry?"

This time it was Xian who was quiet. Back then poetry was his solace as well as a sharp reminder as to how truly lonely he was in this world.

"You heard me inform Ms. Lee that I was adopted twice right?"

Jun simply gave him a small nod.

"My love for poetry bloomed when I was adopted for second time. The master of that house had a humongous library and to escape my reality I once ventured in and it changed my life forever.

"I was attracted to this one particular painting of a lone peony flower partially submerged in snow and next to it was a poem; and when I started reading them, albeit small poems, it gave me inner peace. They were simple to read and understand and I loved them. From then on to escape I used to hide inside the library and continue to read as many as I could."

"Xian."

"Yeah?"

"Were they... abusive towards you?" Azure's hesitation made Xian smile.

"No. On the contrary they were never home. I don't know why they adopted me if they didn't want a kid? They weren't neglectful, but I guess they weren't the kind who ought to become parents.

"Those days I terribly missed JC a lot." Taking a sip of his now lukewarm coffee Xian continued, "Even when I ran away from their house, they weren't sad. Probably they knew this was not for them or me. JC was glad to have me back and except for missing out on lots of opportunities to read, I didn't really miss much either. Azure, do you know when it comes to donating books; how many poetry books gets donated?"

Not waiting for an answer Xian's lips curved into a small smile, "Too many. Apparently people don't like to read much poetry. We had a publishing house who used to donate new and tattered books. To many they were a piece of discarded materials, to me they were a boon. At night I used to read them in a corner and keep my passion to myself."