🏒Faceoff specialist⛸️

"Thanks for the dinner Azure." Jun's heart fluttered like a gentle breeze in warm spring hearing the nickname Xian bestowed him with.

Azure. Irony is that he isn't even aware of my other name.

"It's all my pleasure. Goodnight Xian." Jun was about to leave when he heard Xian call his name softly. If his hearing had not been keen, he would have missed Xian's call. Turning back to the man, Jun was surprised to see Xian's eyes were casted down on the floor.

"Xian-"

"About today evening... please don't think any less of me. It was just-"

Unable to bear the distance between them, in two strides Jun was in front of Xian and gently lifted the younger man's chin to face himself. Jun was taken aback at the heavy emotions that swam within the depths of his gaze.

Who caused you this much pain Xian? Jun wanted to ask but knew now was not the time nor place.

"Everyone has secrets Xian. You have one and so do I. Your pain does not make you any less of a person you are. Trust me and take it from me. Someday, I don't know when, but hopefully soon, you will come to embrace your issues and be free from all these burdens."

"Are... you free from yours?" The moment Xian uttered those words, his eyes widened with fear and instantly took a step back and bowed. "I am sorry. That was way out of line which should not be crossed. Sorry. Sorry."

Before Jun could react; Xian backed his steps and walked into his room, closing the door behind him.

Jun missed the warmth his fingers had felt just seconds ago. Now, there was only cold cocooning him, trying to comfort the space, but miserably failed.

Jun whispered to no one, "I am... not free from my burdens. If anything, it's drowing me every single day." With that he walked back into his own and found Sahara ever present there.

"Hey Girl!" Jun patted his mattress and the giant was next to him in seconds. Licking his face, Sahara tried to cheer him and as usual it worked wonders.

"You're one who can fill my heart upto the brim and make me feel happy. Thank you." As if she could understand his painful words, she whined and he rubbed her belly. "Come on. Let's go to sleep. We have a long day ahead tomorrow."

As Jun slept, little did he know that the only witness to see him smile that night was the cold breeze, shimmering stars and blankets of hope.

"Woof!"

Below the covers there was a groan which no human should hear. His legs were paining and even though Jun was used to his state, there were times when the pain got better of him and it made it all the more worse.

"Woof!"

He heard Sahara's call. She knew he was in pain.

"Ugh..." He mumbled to let her know he was alright; or as alright as he could be. Taking deep breaths, he sighed and finally moved the blankets away. Massaging his thighs, he was glad there were no lumps and knots.