🏒 Face-off ⛸️

Xian was aware of the warm soul in his arms, and after all these years and all this time, it had been his Azure all along. He wanted to laugh, smile, and cry at the same time. How he had longed to share so much with the elder brother he met all those years ago. At his lowest, someone—a total stranger—believed in him when no one else did. 

Xian's clasp against Azure tightened, and he felt the other man gently caress his back. 

Letting go of Azure slowly, Xian beamed excitedly, "So it's you!" 

Pushing a wayward strand of hair away from his forehead, Azure fondly gazed at Xian and replied, "It is me."

"How long I have yearned to see you. After that night, I tried to find your whereabouts, but no one knew who you were."

"Me too."   Walking towards the table where Xian had placed the envelope, Azure picked it up and showed it to him. "I wanted to invite you to see me play, but our manager said you left the arena. He was informed that the previous night, you were taken by a few people. I was scared and worried for you." 

Making his way to where Azure was standing, Xian smiled warmly and asked, "How did you find out about me?" 

"A few weeks ago, when JC was here, we were chatting one night, and he was sharing about your younger days, and that's when the story he revealed was so close to the moment we met, I asked him if your name is Wei Ying. 

"He was surprised and in turn asked me if I was Lan Zhan. It was at that exact moment that my heart knew that it had found you. I found you."

"I did tell him all about Lan Zhan. Guess we both didn't reveal our official names. Had we done that, we'd have found each other a long time ago."

Taking a step closer to Xian, Azure raised his hand and softly caressed his cheeks. "The name Lan Zhan was given to me by my mother. Wei Ying, Lan Zhan also means blue. Azure." 

Xian's eyes widened, and he revealed, "The night I was found, there was a ripped piece of paper from a book, tucked in my fist. I am not sure the origin of that book or how it came into my possession, but there was a name on that page. Wei Ying.

"The authorities there decided to name me Wei Wuxian, but Wei Ying is not well known. That was one reason JC could recognize you instantly."

"I am glad to have found you." Azure's voice was laced with deep devotion.

"Lan Zhan."

"Mn?" 

"There was always one thing I wanted to ask you, if there was ever a chance for us to meet."

"What is it?"

Xian was quiet as he peered into Azure's eyes as if stuck in a trance. A few seconds later, he asked, "Have you been well?" 

"Mn. There is something I had been meaning to ask you as well."

"Oh?"

"Did you make it to the top?" 

At that question, Xian smiled widely and nodded enthusiastically, "Yes. I did.  Lan Zhan motivated me. How could I not fulfill his belief?" 

Much to Xian's surprise, Azure pulled him in for a hug and whispered in his ears, "You have done really well for yourself, Wei Ying. Lan Zhan is proud of you."

Those words hit his heart, and Xian was unable to stop his tears. After all these years, after all the pain and the longing, they were finally here, together. 

"Hungry?"  Azure asked as he wiped Xian's tears. Threading their fingers together, he pulled Xian towards the kitchen. "Ms. Lee has prepared dinner for us."